Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCCX 7: POST vs Macro

We have a ticketing system that is being rolled out as a web app.  I want to set this web page as the default page in CAD for the users (easy part).

Currently already collect ticket number from caller and display in CAD as Enterprise Data to the agent.

What I would like to do is take the ticket number, enter it in the search field of the ticketing system, and retrieve the results, so that when the agent gets the call, not only does (s)he see the ticket number in the Enterprise Data field, but also have the ticket opened up in front of them in their CAD so they know who the customer is, what they're calling about, etc.

I'm trying to decide if using an HTTP Get command in Desktop Admin will accomplish this or if using a macro would be a better alternative.

I'm thinking it would be easier doing a Get command, but I run into an issue with one of the values to display in the Data Field.

The value is this:

eid=TT0000001540447

Easy.  The name is "eid" and the value is "TT0000001540447"

However, the last 7 digits will be the ticket ID that is entered by the customer into the IVR.  I'm no programmer, so not sure how, or if it's even possible, to set up the value so that "TT000000" is combined with the ticket number variable.

Am I wasting my time attempting to the Get command?  Will a macro work with a web page in CAD?  Should I try something else?

Any suggestions anybody has is appreciated as always.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

I posted a example script and a word doc here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2112698

On how to build a string in the script and pass it up to CAD to be used in a workflow.

The problem with using Macros is getting to the correct input field. If you can build a URL that would be the way I would do it.

Graham

2 REPLIES
Silver

I posted a example script and a word doc here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2112698

On how to build a string in the script and pass it up to CAD to be used in a workflow.

The problem with using Macros is getting to the correct input field. If you can build a URL that would be the way I would do it.

Graham

IOf course.  Modify it in the script, not in CDA.  I feel like an idiot.

Thanks Graham, appreciate the help!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content