cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

UCCX 7 to UCCX 8 Upgrade Questions

Dear All

I have three questions regarding upgrade from UCCX 7 to UCCX 8:

1-Can I upgrade from UCCX 7 single node to UCCX 8 HA?

The Document said that I have to Run PUT Tool while both UCCX 7 servers are running but in my case i have only on UCCX 7 Server where I will Install PUT on it and Take PUT Backup then Restore Backup on 2 Server UCCX 8 (HA). Does anyone know if this can be done and if yes does the process as follow:

a) Install PUT on UCCX 7.

b) Take PUT Backup of UCCX 7 single Server.

c) Install UCCX 8 PUB and restore PUT Backup on it.

d) Install UCCX 8 SUB by choosing First Node:No, then Run Initial Wizard then select Cluster Server IP Add of UCCX 8 PUB.

2-Do I have to do anymore configurtion if I will change IP Address of UCCX 7 so that new UCCX 8 Server will have different IP Address.

My guess is that will not need anymore configuration.

3-After Upgrade UCCX 8 from UCCX 7, do i have to Insatll new CAD 8 manually on all Agent PC one by one or not ?

Thanks for your support.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: UCCX 7 to UCCX 8 Upgrade Questions

Hi Ayman,

The CAD client will be updated automatically when the agents login after the upgrade.  They will need to have admin rights on their PC for this upgrade to complete.

The second node can be added after the upgrade on the first node has been completed.

I recommend changing the IP address only after the upgrade has been completed and the cluster is stable.  The exact steps are found in the 8.0 Admin Guide.  There is a "Readiness Check" here to make sure the change won't cause any problems.  It's important to note that the hostname cannot be changed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/configuration/guide/uccx801ag.pdf

-Brendan

Cisco Employee

Hi Ayman,

Yes, Brendan as always is absolutely correct

(i) first take the PUT backup from your UCCX 7.x box , if UCCX 7.x is HA make sure to take the backup from the primary/publisher and not from the secondary.

(ii) Install UCCX 8.x and perform the PUT restore.

(iii) Once the restore is successful build the second server and add it to the cluster, this way all the data from the primary will be replicated to the secondary.

Hope this helps

Anuj

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Ayman,

The CAD client will be updated automatically when the agents login after the upgrade.  They will need to have admin rights on their PC for this upgrade to complete.

The second node can be added after the upgrade on the first node has been completed.

I recommend changing the IP address only after the upgrade has been completed and the cluster is stable.  The exact steps are found in the 8.0 Admin Guide.  There is a "Readiness Check" here to make sure the change won't cause any problems.  It's important to note that the hostname cannot be changed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/configuration/guide/uccx801ag.pdf

-Brendan

Community Member

Hi Brendan

Thanks for your answer, they are very helpful. Five points for you

Do you mean after I take PUT backup from my single node UCCX 7 then restore on UCCX 8 then i add new node for second UCCX 8 server.

Is that right?

Ayman

Cisco Employee

Hi Ayman,

Yes, Brendan as always is absolutely correct

(i) first take the PUT backup from your UCCX 7.x box , if UCCX 7.x is HA make sure to take the backup from the primary/publisher and not from the secondary.

(ii) Install UCCX 8.x and perform the PUT restore.

(iii) Once the restore is successful build the second server and add it to the cluster, this way all the data from the primary will be replicated to the secondary.

Hope this helps

Anuj

Community Member

Thanks Anuj 

Bronze

Just curious but what is the approximate time to upgrade from 7 to 8 for a single machine. I think I'm mostly curious as to what I can expect for the timeline on the new linux OS install. Hopefully it's quicker than it has been previously with Windows. Any input appreciated. BTW, this would be for a pure IP-IVR implemenation although I think it's safe to assume that doesn't change anything except the size of the DB to be exported/imported.

thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content