Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7 Upload Prompts

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

All,

Has Cisco removed the ability to upload prompts in bulk as a ZIP file in UCCX 7.0(1)_Build168? The upload screen in the prompt repository says you can upload a ZIP file, there is even a direct link on the root of the repository page, but I get an error, "File name does not have a valid extension. Only .wav files can be uploaded" What is up with that? I've checked CCO for a bug-id but fail to find one. Please tell me there is a workaround. I'd hate to upload 60 prompts individually.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

xipccguyx
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

This a bug. I just ran into it the other day. Cisco bug ID CSCsq99083. If you install 7.0(1) SR1 then the problem is fixed. The patch only takes about 5-10 minutes to install and requires a reboot. It will give you some email queue functionality too if you have the Premium version of UCCX so I'd recommend applying it. It's way better than uploading all your prompts one at a time.

Hope this helps.

Later.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

They have not removed the feature. Perhaps try using another zip program to make the archive. You could also make sure the extension is lower case. It's possible there is a bug on case sensitivity.

I would recommend opening a TAC case.

xipccguyx
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

This a bug. I just ran into it the other day. Cisco bug ID CSCsq99083. If you install 7.0(1) SR1 then the problem is fixed. The patch only takes about 5-10 minutes to install and requires a reboot. It will give you some email queue functionality too if you have the Premium version of UCCX so I'd recommend applying it. It's way better than uploading all your prompts one at a time.

Hope this helps.

Later.

I thought this was a bug. Thanks for the bug id reference. Unfortunately, I must wait until the failover server is live before I can apply the patch. Sigh. Such a simple issue. I can't help but wonder why that wasn't caught in Q.A.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Haha. QA. Yeah right.

I can guarantee you that there will be bugs in every major, and minor release, as well as every service release, and engineering special.

If there is one certainty in life, it's that you will have to open a TAC case on a Cisco voice product.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: