Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX 7.x SQL Backend

Will UCCX 7.x support a backend SQL model where the database components are running on a Enterprise backend SQL server? Also, can UCCX 7.x run in a VMware ESXi environment?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: UCCX 7.x SQL Backend

Hi,

Unfortunately, the answer to both is no. This type of configuration will not be supported by TAC. The database components must be installed on the UCCX box with the provide MSSQL Media.

There will be support for all voice applications in VMWare in later versions, they are undergoing certification for VMWare in the development labs until then.

Thank you for the prompt reply to my inquiry. Regarding VMWare support, I also take it the same situation applies to CUCM v7.x? What about Cisco Unified Operations Manager?

Cisco Employee

Hi,

You are correct. CUCM is not currently supported in a VMWare environment. I believe they are going to certify all UC products in the lab first and then roll out support for them.

As far as Ops Manager, you will need to talk to someone in NMS but I don't believe it is currently supported.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content