1) What is the exact version (full version) of UCCX you have? 8.0.2 How many Servers? 2 We run HA
2) What is the exact version (full version) of CUCM you have? 8.0.3 How many servers? Location BTC 1PUB, 2 SUBS, 1 TFTP, 1 MUSIC, Location ROC 2 SUBS, 1 TFTP, 1 MUSIC
3) What is the CAD version installed on all the Agents Devices? 18.104.22.1680
4) When was the first time this problem was reported? We have had this problem since we went to the new version FEB 1, 2011. With the old version of IPCC 4.2 I never had this issue.
5) Are UCCX and CUCM servers are on the same Network? No, we have different regions going to different CUCM locations but the primary UCCX server is at our BTC location. The users that experience the issue can be registered to either CUCM location.
6) Was there any change on the system or on the network before this problem happened? When we implemented the new servers we just built a new VLAN at both sites and implemented QoS where it was needed. The connection between both sites is a Gig. I have local users that have the problem now and then and I have remote offices that experience the issue. I fist thought it might be the version of software on the phones but after installing a new group on the system with 7962s they started to see the issue also. Sometimes the phones will just start to register or just the CAD will lose services it is really strange. I thought at first it was a network issue but i segmented a group of users to a single 100m switch with a Gig uplink back to the core and they still had the issue.
The short answer is that you don't.... That isn't entirely true while at
the same time it kind of is, but for the most part you don't configure
the softkeys. You enable or disable them via TCL. Here is the long
answer. Be sure to read the whole thing or e...
Topology: IP Phone > Switches > Microsoft NPS setup to forward 802.1x
proxy to > ISE 2.1 patch 3 Authentication: EAP-TLS using Cisco MIC SANs
Phone Models 802.1X support? 802.1x flavor Addtl Comment EAP-MD5 EAP-TLS
Cisco 3905 Y Y N Cisco 6911 Y Y N Cisco ...
This document describe how DST changes and how time changes are
implemented in DST. Daylight Saving Time (DST) is the practice of
setting the clocks forward 1 hour from standard time during the summer
months, and back again in the fall, in order to make b...