Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX 8.0: auto call recording and recording auto archiving

Hello,

no issues on getting calls to auto record, I got that, workflow is setup, calls are being recorded.

How do I set it up so it auto archives recorded calls to some location as a bunch of WAV files? I've researched netpro a bit, and at appears that there used to be a crsraw2wav.exe and/or raw2wav.exe tool under c:\program files\cisco\desktop\bin folder on CRS server, and then there's some desktop_audio folder where all the raw files are stored. But since this is UCCX 8.0 linux appliance, I don't believe these tools are available.

So the question is, is there a way to auto export/archive recordings in UCCX 8.0/8.5?

Is my only option to go with WFM/CR/QM software if I want to get this kind of functionality?

Roman

• Contact Center
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Please refer the section "Exporting Recordings From CAD" on page 43 onwards in the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/troubleshooting/guide/cad85ccxtg-cm.pdf

Thanks,

Anand Choudhari

10 REPLIES

Cisco Unified Workforce Optimization Quality Management (Quality Management) is a

comprehensive recording solution that addresses the common needs for recording

customer interactions—whether it is for compliance, quality management, or both.

Call Recording (CR) provides a solution to record all calls—commonly done to meet

regulatory compliance requirements or to handle customer disputes. CR makes the

task of recording, archiving, and retrieving 100% of customer calls more manageable

in the following ways:

• An organization can choose to record all calls for everyone, or for specific

teams of agents and knowledge workers configured in the system

• Archive parameters are flexible and storage is secure

• Advanced query options let users find recordings quickly and easily among

thousands of logged interactions

Quality Management helps businesses refine their business process and improve their

bottom line in the following ways:

• Increase revenue by improving customer satisfaction and increasing customer

loyalty

• Provide consistent, high-quality customer experiences

• Identify customer needs and expectations

• Reduce labor costs for agent identifications

Please refer the below link for more information on this.

http://cco/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/workforce_optimization/qm_8x/user/guide/qm852-administrator-user-guide-cisco.pdf

Thanks,

Anand Choudhari

Please rate helpful posts..

Not the answer I was looking for.

Cisco Employee

You would need atleast Enahanced licensing for this. It comes with Enhanced & Premium licenses.

Appending below the content from page 44 of UCCX SRND Guide.

====================================================================================== 

The agent call recordings are stored on the hard drive of the Cisco Unified CCX server with agent data store locator records pointing to the actual recording files. The call recordings in Cisco Unified CCX are stored in a raw format that is only playable using the CSD Record Viewer. The CSD Record Viewer shows 7 days worth of call recording as well as those tagged for 30-day extended archiving. The CSD Record Viewer also provides the supervisor the option to save selected individual recordings into a .wav format in a specified folder.

The amount of disk storage allocated for recordings on a single server non high availability deployment of Cisco Unified CCX is 2.6 GB. On a two server high availability deployment of Cisco Unified CCX, the recordings are alternated between the two servers in a round robin fashion to provide load balancing and redundancy. Hence the amount of disk storage allocated on each server is 1.3 GB.

The recording capability of Cisco Unified CCX is not intended for usage as a permanent recording archival solution. However, an export utility is also available to bulk export all recordings into a .wav format. The export utility has no ability to specify selected recordings and will export all recordings on the Cisco Unified CCX server. System administrators could build their own customized command macros or process that would perform regular (at least weekly) exporting of the recordings for permanent archival of agent call recordings.

When a supervisor is playing back or saving a recording using the CSD Record Viewer application, a recording resource is used and therefore counts against the maximum simultaneous call recording capacity for the duration of that recording playback. Maximum simultaneous call recording and playback capacity is dependent upon the server sizing. The Cisco Unified CCX Data Sheet can assist you in determining an appropriately sized server for the amount of recording required.

======================================================================================

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Please refer the section "Exporting Recordings From CAD" on page 43 onwards in the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/troubleshooting/guide/cad85ccxtg-cm.pdf

Thanks,

Anand Choudhari

Now that's much better, Thanks Anand! this is what I was looking for

Re: UCCX 8.0: auto call recording and recording auto archiving

Hi Roman,

Yes, those tools are available when you download Cisco Desktop Administrator from the UCCX server. But I would recommend to use AQM, QM or CR (if possible) because using the raw2wav tool in uccx 8.x is not too flexible, also you need to keep in mind that the script mentioned in that guide just export and convert the recordings, but you will need to manually erase the recordings in the uccx or maybe write another script to do that.

Gabriel.

Re: UCCX 8.0: auto call recording and recording auto archiving

Gabriel,

thanks for the info. Yes, I just realized that I also should delete *.Raw files from UCCX. It looks like I can't just quickly do that with psftp in the same script as uccxrecording account doesn't have privileges to delete those files.

Does anyone know how to script ssh connection to delete the file? I'm trying the usual:

plink -ssh -v -pw pass administrator@1.1.1.1 show status

but I get this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\audio>convert

stty: standard input: Invalid argument

Command Line Interface is starting up, please wait ...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""

at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.

java:48)

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:470)

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)

at sdMain.main(sdMain.java:610)

Copyright Cisco Systems 2006-2008

Hmm strange, I just tried again to "delete *.Raw" files with psftp and it worked this time.

How did you delete the files.  I'm getting an permission denied using psftp with the uccxrecording creds.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.