cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 - DB Get step is returning Unicode value instead of string

sferland
Level 1
Level 1

One of my customer is in the process right now to migrate his system to version 8.0.

We are using database queries to MS-SQL within the scripts. Last friday, during our tests with the new system, we realized that the mapping of a database varchar to a java.lang.String (with DB Get step) is giving us a bunch of Unicode character instead of the correct String value.

Ex: One of the value is for the business hours : 0800-1200,1300-1700

In the local variable, after the script executed the DB Get, we got : U"\u3830\u3030\u312D\u3032\u2C30\u3331\u3030\u312D\u3037\uFFFD"

Attached pictures are :

db_record_vs_local_variables_mapping.JPG : DB Get mapping

table_heuresfiles.JPG : Value in MS-SQL

getHours.JPG : Values of the local variable after DB Get step is executed

Anyone already experienced this behaviour ???

4 Replies 4

sferland
Level 1
Level 1

Found my problem.

For those interested, I changed the Data Type for all my String in the Database from "NVARCHAR" to "VARCHAR" and then add the following property into the JDBC URL :

;charset=ISO-8859-1

Hello,

after changing the connection url with the charset, do we have to restart the CCX Engine ?
or is it not needed ?

Kind regards,
Thierry

I do not believe that it would be necessary.

Response Signature

shh5455
Level 3
Level 3

There is a bug starting in 8.0 (and still exists in 8.5) where DB Read/Get/Write steps do not work properly from upgraded scripts.  They return unicode or garbage.  You must delete those steps in the script and rebuild them back just as they were.  Then save, upload, and test.

Hope this helps someone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: