UCCX 8.0 - DB Get step is returning Unicode value instead of string
One of my customer is in the process right now to migrate his system to version 8.0.
We are using database queries to MS-SQL within the scripts. Last friday, during our tests with the new system, we realized that the mapping of a database varchar to a java.lang.String (with DB Get step) is giving us a bunch of Unicode character instead of the correct String value.
Ex: One of the value is for the business hours : 0800-1200,1300-1700
In the local variable, after the script executed the DB Get, we got : U"\u3830\u3030\u312D\u3032\u2C30\u3331\u3030\u312D\u3037\uFFFD"
Attached pictures are :
db_record_vs_local_variables_mapping.JPG : DB Get mapping
table_heuresfiles.JPG : Value in MS-SQL
getHours.JPG : Values of the local variable after DB Get step is executed
Re: UCCX 8.0 - DB Get step is returning Unicode value instead of
There is a bug starting in 8.0 (and still exists in 8.5) where DB Read/Get/Write steps do not work properly from upgraded scripts. They return unicode or garbage. You must delete those steps in the script and rebuild them back just as they were. Then save, upload, and test.
Are you getting this error “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The value UI mode identifiers...
The below trick might come handy when you have to add a new node to a cluster but you don't have or is unsure of the security password for the publisher. This procedure has been around for ages.
1) Login into the CLI of the Publisher.