cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 HA Node 2 Unified CM Telephony SubSystem Out OF Service

ravalsameer
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new install of UCCX 8.0 HA  on Node 2 Unified CM Telephony SubSystem  is Out OF Service. When I do a Data Resync get a an Error -" CTI Ports null on Node 2 - could not create"

Everthing is working fine on 1st Node. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sameer,

You don't exclsively specify the range for CTI ports for the UCCX second node.

When you perform Add to cluster (as part of UCCX HA setup) or do Data Resync operation, it will try to create the second node CTI ports starting from the next availavle port (i.e. lets say you have 1-150 CTI ports in CCG#0 for Node1, it will create from 151-300 CTI ports for the UCCX second node under CCG#0). Like this it will replicate for all your CCG's.

There was a defect (I dont remember the defect ID), where in in case if you have the next set of DN's range is occupied by 10 numbers, than it use to fail. So trying to avoide this issue, please do the above workaround.

So please keep the next set of DN ranges free in CUCM.

Hope it helps, please rate all the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers.

Anand

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Sameer,

Please make sure that the DN's are free in CUCM for the second node CTI pors to get created.

i.e. lets say your UCCX first Node CCG#0, has 20 CTI ports with starting DN 5000, so that the 5000-5019 has been occupied by the CCG#0 CTI ports, when you add UCCX second node to this setup, it will create another 20 CTI ports for this CCG#0, starting with the next DN .i.e. from 5020 till 5039.

Like this it will replicate the same number of CTI ports for all the existing CCG (Call Control Groups).

You ned to make sure that the DN range is free in CUCM i.e.which is not used by any other phones\CCG's...etc.

Once you make sure of this DN availability please perform Data resync onc again, this should fix your issue.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

HI Sameer,

Is this issue got resolved?

Thanks,

Anand

What we had was a seprate set of DN's meaning we had 150 continuous DN's for Node 1 ex 1-150  and then we had 300-450 as the 2nd set of DN's should this be any issue ? Do we need to have these DN's in a a continuous sequence.

Hi Sameer,

You don't exclsively specify the range for CTI ports for the UCCX second node.

When you perform Add to cluster (as part of UCCX HA setup) or do Data Resync operation, it will try to create the second node CTI ports starting from the next availavle port (i.e. lets say you have 1-150 CTI ports in CCG#0 for Node1, it will create from 151-300 CTI ports for the UCCX second node under CCG#0). Like this it will replicate for all your CCG's.

There was a defect (I dont remember the defect ID), where in in case if you have the next set of DN's range is occupied by 10 numbers, than it use to fail. So trying to avoide this issue, please do the above workaround.

So please keep the next set of DN ranges free in CUCM.

Hope it helps, please rate all the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers.

Anand

Hi Sameer,

Any luck ?

Thanks,

Annad

hi Anand,

Yes that was the issue after we free up the 2nd set of DN's it worked.

Thanks for all your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: