Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCCX 8.0: Missing call recordings

Hello,

I never had any issues on call recordings and archiving before. Calls were recorded fine and then archived/exported to a local server every week as wav file.

But recently I have noticed that some wav files that we store are 1 KB in size, which ofcourse cannot be opened or played. And even for one day we only got a total of 3 wav recordings, which is not possible as we receive hundreds of calls a day.

So far its rare, but I really need to know what is causing this? server storage? network issue? high utilization of server?

or something else. We had a total of 8 Agents and just recently we increased them 16.

Thanks in Advance.

9 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hello,

A couple of questions : Are you using CAD to record every phone conversations of agents?

-Are you using RSPAN to monitor and record conversations?

-How long ago has a purge been done on the uccx recordings?

The reason why I am asking that is because the RP server logs in UCCX should display something like this :

ERROR RECORD2008 The limit for maximum disk space that can be used for recordings is reached.

Thanks,

Prashanth

Re: UCCX 8.0: Missing call recordings

Hi,

-Are you using CAD to record every phone conversations of agents?

Yes

-Are you using RSPAN to monitor and record conversations?

No

-How long ago has a purge been done on the uccx recordings?

The oldest file i saw on the uccx server yesterday (7 Feb) was of 1st Feb. Or do you mean manually removing them from the server?

The reason why I am asking that is because the RP server logs in UCCX should display something like this :

ERROR RECORD2008 The limit for maximum disk space that can be used for recordings is reached.

Where can i find this log?

Cisco Employee

Hi Essam,

Please run the following commands from the CLI to check the space

#show uccx recordings space

#show uccx recordings allowed

Also you can collect the RP server logs from the desktop services in UCCX serviceability, but the tracing needs to be turned onto collect this information

Let me see this might make it a bit easier

-This is also a known defect CSCtj59447  and is fixed either in 8.0 SU2 or SU3

-I am not sure which release you are on, if not on the above please upgrade to these service upgrades

Thanks,

Prashanth

After checking the commands it doesn't seem like space is the issue here, this is what I got:

Server 1:

Total files : 800

Total size of recording files: 547.91781 MB

Maximum recordings allowed = 1.30078 GB

Server 2:

Total files : 734

Total size of recording files: 557.08942 MB

Maximum recordings allowed = 1.30078 GB

Also I checked the RPServer logs, the only Recording errors I found are the ERROR RECORD2022 and ERROR RECORD2023.

And the System version: 8.0.2.11004-12

Thanks for replying,

Hi Essam,

Reference : UCCX 8.5 SRND page 44

The agent call recordings are stored on the hard drive of the Cisco Unified CCX server with agent data store locator records pointing to the actual recording files. The call recordings in Cisco Unified CCX are stored in a raw format that is only playable using the CSD Record Viewer. The CSD Record Viewer shows 7 days worth of call recording as well as those tagged for 30-day extended archiving. The CSD Record Viewer also provides the supervisor the option to save selected individual recordings into a .wav format in a specified folder.

The amount of disk storage allocated for recordings on a single server non high availability deployment of Cisco Unified CCX is 2.6 GB. On a two server high availability deployment of Cisco Unified CCX, the recordings are alternated between the two servers in a round robin fashion to provide load balancing and redundancy. Hence the amount of disk storage allocated on each server is 1.3 GB.

The recording capability of Cisco Unified CCX is not intended for usage as a permanent recording archival solution. However, an export utility is also available to bulk export all recordings into a .wav format. The export utility has no ability to specify selected recordings and will export all recordings on the Cisco Unified CCX server. System administrators could build their own customized command macros or process that would perform regular (at least weekly) exporting of the recordings for permanent archival of agent call recordings.

-------------------------------------------

Hope it helps,

Anand

I did find out the reason for RECORD2022 in the CAD enterprise  document (may be applicable in your case too),

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/cad_enterprise/cadenterprise8_0/reference/guide/cad80cceecd.pdf

RECORD2022:

Text: A side of the recording stopped playing due to a read error.

Type: Error

Add’l Info: Playback stopped, most likely because the cache was empty.

Action: Verify that disk I/O is not overloaded.

Thanks,

Anand

Thanks, from the error it looks like its a playback error and not recording????

Yes, to test this, please perform a small test. Check the existing Total size of recording files (on both the UCCX nodes), perform few more recording for few minutes and check back the Total size of recording files one more time and compare with the older number. If the increment is only interms of 1kb files than its a problem with recording. If the increment in the file size is more and if you are unable to playback it than its plaback problem.

Please use other CSD (from the different box) to playback and let us know the results.

Thanks,

Anand

Sorry for the the late reply.

I checked everything, server recordings and the playback from CSD. All seems to be working fine.

I believe the issue was from our external backup server as it was limited on resources. We increased its memory and HDD space and so far its going fine. Lets see if this solves the problem.

Thankyou all for your support.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content