Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 SQL 2008 Integration

Marco Villani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Did anybody successfully configured a Driver to use with SQL 2008 on UCCX 8.0?

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

anubhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marco,

UCCX 8.0 supports the following driver class for SQL server 2008,

net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.

The latest JTDS driver can be downloaded from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtds/files/

The instructions to setup the database after installing the driver can be checked from page 441 of the link below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/configuration/guide/uccx801ag.pdf

hope this helps

Anuj

Hello,

I got the issue resolved, first i used the file jtds-1.2.5-dist for both 2005 and 2008 SQL servers. Also i installed the latest patch for the UCCX 8.0 and it worked.

Also if you are experiencing an issue where the script doesn't say the month of december , there is a bug in the UCCX where the Wav file is spelled all upper case, you need to call TAC, they need to go in the root and rename the file.

Good Luck and don't esitate to message me if you have problem integrading the DB.

I am using UCCX 8.5.1 with SQL 2005.  I'm using JTDS 1.2.2 per the admin guide.  I've uploaded the .jar file and picked the net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.

The URL I'm using is:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://10.0.1.26

10.0.1.26 is my SQL server.  I keep getting Test Connection Failed.  I've tried the following strings as well.

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://10.0.1.26:1433

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://10.0.1.26:1433/Lab_MSCRM

I can telnet to port 1433 on the SQL server just fine.

Any ideas?

I figured it out.  I had to add ";doman=" to the end of my URL to provide the authentication domain.

Hi Marco,

I'm trying to connect UCCX v8.0(2) with Oracle db but my connection keeps failing.

You mention upgrading the UCCX to the latest version resolved the issue. Is there an existing bug related to this? Which version were you previously using and what version ru runing now?

Thanks!

-JT-

Hi,

I'm using oracle 10g R2, I get the test connection failed too. Do I need to have Oracle 10g R2 client installed and create the system DSN then only can get the connection success?

Thanks,

HowYee

csmith5660
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to setup the JDBC driver for SQL 2008.  I've got the .zip file from Sourceforge, but Cisco fails to mention what actual file I need to load into the UCCX Database Drivers section.  Does anyone know the actual file name?  The zip file has at least 3 dozen files in it.

Thanks,

Craig

Craig - jtds-1.2.2.jar / jtds-1.2.5.jar

Thanks!

-JT-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: