Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX 8.5.1.11004-25 with CUCM 8.6.2 SU4

Hi everyone,

I have a client with the following version for UCCX and CUCM.

UCCX 8.5.1.11004-25 (SU4)

CUCM 8.6.2 SU4

According to the compatibility matrix, UCCX 8.5.1 SU4 is compatible with CUCM JTAPI 8.6(2a)SU3 and no further....

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_8.5(1)_SU4

I also see this nice little line in the VOIP monitoring service logs, hence I tend to believe the compatibility matrix is up to date and right.

0xb63f1ba0] SPLKAXL3001 createCallManager: The version used (8.6.2.24900(17)) does not match supported versions.  Using version 8.5

Anybody knows why compatibility stops at SU3 with CUCM 8.6.2 ? and anybody can venture a guess at what my options are other than downgrading the CUCM??

the main reason for my concern is that VOIP monitor service creates core dumps and I am wondering if TAC support will be an issue. This mismatch could be the cause of the dumps for all I understand, so I would like to know if there is hope an upgrade could get me back into compatibility territory other then a downgrade.

thanks

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Super Bronze

HiAny respectable UC tech

Hi

Any respectable UC tech will always check the compatibility matrix before upgrading.

If you are in a position where it has already been done, there's no  harm in contacting TAC to see if there is an ES or such that might be available or in the pipeline that might resolve the issue. 

Otherwise you would probably be looking at either downgrading (probably a bad idea, if this has been running a while as you may lose configuration) or upgrading both systems to a new release.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content