Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCCX 8.5.1 Datasource Config

Hey guys,

Currently our UCCX system is connecting to the test database server, but we would like to move this to production.

During testing we are successfully connected using the following JDBC URL:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://sw-sqlcorpts02:1433/Cisco_VRU

Now when we plan to move to production, the database guys have given me the following info to use.

Cluster name: SW-CLPR01SQL

Instance:CLPR01SQL1

I've tried the following JDBC URLs but they both have failed:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://SW-CLPR01SQL;instanceName=CLPR01SQL1:1433/Cisco_VRU

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://SW-CLPR01SQL\CLPR01SQL1:1433/Cisco_VRU

My question is: How can we connect to a clustered instance of a database? I'm sure it must be supported since I can't imagine other comapnies aren't using it. I just need to figure out the correct format for connecting to an instance on a cluster sql server.

I'm able to create an ODBC connection to the prod system using servername as: SW-CLPR01SQL\CLPR01SQL1 which tells me my credentials are correct and have the right permissions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Take a look at the jTDS documentation here: http://jtds.sourceforge.net/faq.html#urlFormat

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://SW-CLPR01SQL:1433/Cisco_VRU;instance=CLPR01SQL1

PS- You may want to use the IPv4 address instead of the DNS name; or, try the FQDN instead of just the hostname.

3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Take a look at the jTDS documentation here: http://jtds.sourceforge.net/faq.html#urlFormat

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://SW-CLPR01SQL:1433/Cisco_VRU;instance=CLPR01SQL1

PS- You may want to use the IPv4 address instead of the DNS name; or, try the FQDN instead of just the hostname.

Thanks Jonathan... that worked.

Hi Jonathan,

I have to upgrade one customer from UCCX 7.0 SR5 to 8.5 and they are currently using ODBC connector to connect to their CRM oracle based now i need to know how can i configure the ODBC connector in UCCX 8.5 so then i can cofigure the DB in UCCX DB properties. Any doc which explains how to configure ODBC or JDBC connector in UCCX 8.5 to connect to third party DB

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content