Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX 8.5.1 Failover setup error

Hi All,

just installed a HA UCX 8.5.1 SU3 server and added to existing server to create a cluster.  The install completed OK and all services are activated.  The last message after 1st logon on 2nd node said the server was added to the cluster and gave the following message:

Infomational Message If you have configured CM Telephony Call Control Groups on your Primary(First) Node, update the Port Groups to create the corresponding ports for this node.

We already have Call control groups as the UCCX has been live for several years.  I logon to the primary and navigate to the port groups, selecting a port group.  I chose the drop down and select the 2nd node I have just added and click go.  I then click update but get an error that states failed to update user in CM.  This is the same error I get within each of the port groups I have tried this on.

The user that was setup in UCCX first node was UCCXAdministrator and I made sure to enter these case sensitively.  However when I check CUCM or UCCX user management pages I can't find this user listed.  However I can logon to UCCX with this account.  Any suggestions on how to get the port groups setup on the new 2nd node.

thanks in advance

David

• Contact Center
Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you are on the right track now.  You need a second group of ports.

Triggers are shared between both servers, but CTI Ports are not.  If you had 10 Triggers in your non-HA setup, then going HA, you will still have 10 Triggers.  However, if you had 100 CTI Ports in your non-HA setup, then going HA, you will now have 200 CTI Ports.  Hopefully your DN ranges can support that.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
8 REPLIES

Hi David,

The account UCCXAdministrator which you said you can log into UCCX with, but couldn't find in CUCM.  The fact that you can log into UCCX with it, tells me that it's a CUCM End User account, so be sure to search End Users and not Application Users for it.  With that said, since you can login with it, this account probably is not that important in your troubleshooting.

The account which you need to find is a CUCM Application User account, which should have AXL rights.  Since you can log into UCCX at all, I would say that this account is setup correctly as well.  That's because UCCX authenticates via CUCM's AXL API, and unless it wasn't setup and working properly, you wouldn't be able to login to UCCX.

You mentioned that you went into the CCG, chose the second server from the drop down, clicked Go, then clicked Update.  But, you never mentioned if you actually configured anything first.  Did you?  Did you create the second port group for the second node before you clicked Update?  Or did you simply click Go, then click Update?

Also, since the error happened while in AppAdmin, then the logs you want to collect and review at the Application Administration logs in RTMT.  They may or may not give you more clues as to what's happening.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony,

many thanks for the response.  I have been following the UCCX 8.5.1 install guide for installing the UCCX Failover.  From the messages provided at the end of the install my assumption was all I needed to do was select each of the existing configured port groups, select the new server and then click update.  It did try to do this for the first port groupas I saw it looked like it was addin the same ports to the group, but it then failed with the error I described above.

My thought process was that the triggers and port groups need to be the same for each of UCCX port groups, but from what your response implies this is not quote correct.  I'm currently looking through the UCCX 8.5.1 Admin guide for details on configuring up HA but it is a little bit sparce on information.  Are you able to point me at an admin/config guide that I could reference to move this forward?

Thanks again for your response.

Ok,

just rereading the UCCX SRND for 8.5.1 adn spotted the following:

Assign the two sets of CTI Port (one for the master and other for the standby engine) to different device pools, regions and locations etc in the CTI Port Group

I haven't completed this step so will look at doing this when next back in the office on Wednesday and will then feed back.

Regards

David

Great, I look forward to your reply.

Anthony Holloway

Yes, you are on the right track now.  You need a second group of ports.

Triggers are shared between both servers, but CTI Ports are not.  If you had 10 Triggers in your non-HA setup, then going HA, you will still have 10 Triggers.  However, if you had 100 CTI Ports in your non-HA setup, then going HA, you will now have 200 CTI Ports.  Hopefully your DN ranges can support that.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony,

had a look at this this afternoon.  Within CUCM all the exisiting CTI ports have descriptions that have been renumbered and now appear with a -1 at the end of the port name.  The CCG that I'm trying to update already has 15 ports and I can see that these are now showing as ITT_ServiceDesk-1 rather than the ITT_ServiceDesk they were previously.  I can also see that 15 new ports have been configured within CUCM and these all have a description in the format of ITT_ServiceDesk-2. 

I haven't created these ports so something must have triggered these to be created as part of the update I attempted on Sunday.  I have change the configuration of these ports to reflect the device pool and CSS for the site where the 2nd node has been added.  However I'm still hitting the same issue when I select the node, enter the port start details and hit update.  It shows processing then comes back with the error of Failed to update the User on the Cisco Unified CM.

I have had a look at the App Admin logs from the 2nd node in RTMT bt can't see anything specific listed within there that relates to the error that I'm seeing.

Anything else that you could suggest before look at opening a TAC Case?

Thanks in advanced

David

I have also deleted the CTI ports, found a new number range and I can see within UCCX when I click update that it is creating the 15 new CTI ports for Node 2.  Once this completes it fails with the Failed to update the User on the Cisco Unified CM error.  Also the CTU ports within CUCM show as unregistered.  I'm thinking this is now something to do with the user account I used in the configuration when I setup the 2nd node and logged on for the first time.

As this is a new install of the 2nd node and it is all on vmware I have no issues with rebuilding the 2nd node from scratch if you think this is worth a try.

Anthony,

I deceided to rebuild the 2nd node and everything seemed to be fine on the reinstall.  I must have done something wrong with a user account or something when logging on for the first time.  I did hit another issue where the Telephony SS wouldn't come into service on the 2nd node but resolved this after changing the DN's numbers for some of the CTI ports to another free block of numbers.  I didn't have enough consecutive numbers to allow the update on the CCG's for the 2nd node to complete.

thanks for your assitance and pointing me in the right direction

Regards

David

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.