Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

UCCX 8.5.1 - Redirect Call step is getting skipped

We've had a script in service for over a year that works fine. 

[Normal Operation] Among other things, if the outside caller calls "after hours" they will be sent to a routine labeled "Closed".

There's a menu step that plays a prompt.  The prompt will advise the call center is closed, but they can press 1 to leave a voicemail that will be checked in the morning. 

Pressing 1 takes them to the next step which is Redirect Call.

An Autoattendant is what's called by the script.  The initial caller can leave a voicemail.  The script will Clear and End the call. 

[Problem] The Redirect Call step is skipped, and the call proceeds down that path which is to clear and end. 

[Troubleshooting] As a test.... I inserted a prompt and a redirect call in advance of the Menu Step. 

My prompt played, and the Redirect Call was skipped entirely, and the script advanced to the Menu step (previously mentioned).

My goal here was to see if the Menu step was broken, or the Redirect.  It seems the redirect is the problem. 

There have been no software updates or changes to the environment (that we can account for). 

We also had the thought that perhaps it was a problem with CSS and Partition of the Script vs Voicemail number.  All of the checks out, but if it didn't, I would expect the behavior to be a message where the call can't complete.  Right?  It shouldn't be skipped where the caller hears nothing. 

Thanks in advance for any insight.                    

3 REPLIES

No, you will not get a message about the call not completing because UCCX returns control back to the script upon a failure to transfer.

It does sound like your Call Redirect step is failing.

Could you post the details of the properties of this step for us to look at?

Also, can you reactive debug the script, and see which branch (I.e., Successful, Busy, Invalid, or Unsuccessful) the script execution goes to?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

Community Member

Anthony... thanks so much for the response.

Menu -Triggering Contact-, pmtClosedPrompt

** This step plays a prompt and allows caller to press 1**

Input - 1  Connections: AfterHours_Voicemail

AfterHours_Voicemail (Is just the rebranded Successful branch of the menu step)

CallRedirect - strAfterHoursVM

**strAfterHoursVM is the variable where we have the phone number to be dialed**

**General: Call Contact --Triggering Contact--, Destination: strAfterHoursVM, Called Address: Reset To -Destination.**

Successful -

Set Contact Info --(Triggering Contact--, handled)

End

So, we do go to the Successful branch of Call Redirect, and the call is ended. 

Wow.  It goes to the successful branch?

Since UCCX thinks it suceeded the problem is likely not with UCCX, but with your VM configuration.

Start with the strAfterHoursVM extension, and try to dial it from your phone.  Then, do a Dialed Number Analyzer on that same extension but from a UCCX CTI Port.

Additionally, there is another way of getting calls into your VM system you can try, and it's actually my preferred method.

Modify the Call Redirect step so that your Voicemail PIlot number is the Destination, and then change the Called Address Reset To value from --Destination-- to the mailbox primary extension.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content