cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

UCCX 8.5.1 Silent Monitoring and recording

Hello Team,

I have a single server UCCX server (8.5.1) and I have around 10 agents configred. The agents are primarily running CIPC.

My problem is with Silent Monitoring which works intermittedly. The configuration is exactly the same for all agents.
I went to the desktop administration and made sre that the default VOIP monitor is the server, and also went to each of the phones and made sure that the monitor server chosen as well as had the monitor enabled.

I restarted the service engine a multiple of times over the course of two days, had the agents restart their desktop applications then finally their PCs and still no change. Finally both the monitoring and recording have completely stopped working.

I am not sure if I'm hitting a bug or not. I don't see it in the bug toolkit.

Would really appreciate the assistance.

Thanks,

Ahmed El-Eraky

25 REPLIES

Ahmed,

Does all the 10 agents have same NIC cards in their desktop systems ? Pls note, not all NIC cards are supported for monitoring & recording. While I try to locate a document which lists the supported NIC cards, a good idea would be to ensure the agents with issue gets the same NIC cards like the agents without issue.

Hope it helps ?

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

Community Member

GP,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I'm sure there is no compatibility issue there.

Actually, they were working fine on IPCCX 4.X. After we upgraded to the new version and servers (It's on VMWARE btw), the isse with the monitoring and recording appeared. All agents' machine are identica in terms of H/W.

Besides, some agents were working and then stopped!!

Thanks,

Ahmed

Pls post the complete UCCX version as shown on appadmin page.

Also, did you confirm that agent PCs doesn't have any Windows Firewall enabled ? How about Windows OS patches being the cause ?

Also what is the CUCM & CIPC versions ?

Which is the OS on agent desktop systems ?

GP.

Yes, please post the full 8.5.1 version. If you are not UCCX 8.5.1 SU2 you'll have problems as Monitoring/Recording was broke prior to SU2 and SU2 patch fixes those problems. Make sure to reconfigure the desktop clients on the plugins page when you upgrade to the SU2 patch if you aren't on 8.5.1 SU2 already and if you're on SU2 you may want to do this and reinstall the agent desktops just incase the desktop clients weren't reconfigured when the upgrade was done.

Very valid point from eberqquist.

To eliminate the CIPC issue, you can test it with hardphone & to see if the issue persists.

Also, following is the link which has list of NICs tested with Cisco Agent Desktop (CAD) Silent Monitor.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/voicesw/custcosw/ps5693/ps14/prod_system_requirements0900aecd800e3149.pdf

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

Community Member

eberqquist,

I think you're correct about the version. I'm not running SU2.

Currently, it's running 8.5.1.10000-37

About the CIPC/NIC card issue, i tried it on hardphones as well and it was not working.

Agents are running Windows XP/7 64-bit and I did upgrade their CIPC to 8.5 as well.

But as I've mentioned earlier, Monitoring/recording was working perfectly on IPCCX 4 so I believe, the UCCX version might be the cause here.

I'm downloading the patch and will keep you posted on the updates.

Thank you both for your help.

Ahmed

Sounds good. I appreciate you keeping us posted.

GP.

Community Member

Hello,

I did upgrade to the new CCX 8.5.1SU2. the server upgraded without any problems.

Actually, I faced another problem as the agents were unable to login anymore due to an incompatibility between the CAD version they're running and the version on the server.

I tried to download it from the server but I get "Unable to download file" message

I had to rollback to the older version till i find a solution for this new error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ahmed

Silver

Did you re-run the client configuration utility? I needed to run this before I was able to upgrade clients on a recent 8.0(2) upgrade to su4.

Brian

Community Member

yes.... I did run it more than once....

I even removed the whole application from one of the agent's PC and couldn't install it once again.

I will look for the SU4 upgrade as I think it's a buggy issue.

Silver

SU4 is for 8.0(2), SU2 is still the latest version for 8.5

Is there a proxy on the agent's PC? Even though our uccx servers were on the exception list, I've seen situations where the proxy still blocked the auto update. Try to disable the proxy from internet options.

You can download the update directly from the server (instead of the auto update) from:

http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:6293/TUP/CAD/CAD Clients Service Release.msi

Brian

Community Member

Brian,

Yes. you're correct. SU2 is the highest update.

I tried accessing the link yo mentioned above: I get a "HTTP Status 404" error with a 'requested resource is not available'

Clicking on the agent desktop link, i get the attached error.

A right-click (to attempt to save as), i get "no interface found"

Any ideas?

Ahmed

Silver

You need to run the configuration utility - as it states in the screenshot.

If you have run this, and you are still unable to download clients, I suggest you open a case with TAC.

Brian

Community Member

Hi AhmedEl-Eraky i hope my experience help you, when installed the uccx I made an upgrade to SU(2) for 8.5 and i configured the voip monitor service or monitoring silence and do worked properly so i open a TAC case and they tell me that i need to disable the advertise g722 on the device phone of the agents, so i disabled for enterprise parameters and service parameters and for the device phone also i configured the partition of the extensions of the agents and the extension for the supervisory in the same partition and a calling search space so they can reach one to another.

And configured to enable  the span to pc ports, PC Voice Vlan Access, PC port enable for the device phone of the agents. And it works like a charm jaja! so i hope this help you....

I copied the check list that the TAC told me for the voice monitor.

1.    Ensure that the CAD and CSD version installed are 8.5.1.214

2.    For the agents phone, please ensure the following things are configured as follows:-

a.    There is no shared line for the ICD extension for the agent.

b.    Span to PC ports – Enabled

c.    PC voice VLAN access- Enabled

d.    PC port – Enabled

e.    Advertise G.722 codec- Disabled

3.    On the Agents PC:

a.    Please ensure there is no antivirus or firewall

b.    Check the NIC binding order on the machine is correct, the active LAN card should always be on top.

c.    Please check the NIC binding order by running the PostInstall on the agents PC.

•    The first screen showed the IP address of the UCCX server, click OK.

•    Then it showed the screen for the Cisco Agent Desktop Configuration Setup

•    Under the VoIP monitor service, select the appropriate  NIC or IP address under Adapter

•    Clicked Apply after selecting the NIC card.

•    Logout the agent and login back.

4.    On the Cisco Desktop Administrator, please ensure that the agents MAC address has the desktop based monitoring has the Enable Desktop Monitoring check box checked in case of desktop based monitoring and unchecked in case span based monitoring.

I hope this help you...sorry for my english.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content