Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5.1 SU3 backup tar file size issue - CCXCOMPONENT.tar

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Hello,

Have UCCX 8.5.1 SU3 and have noticed the size of the file ending in CCXCOMPONENT.tar varies widely. Some days it is a few hundred meg, other days it is 2 gig and we had one instance of it being 9 gig in size.

Has anyone seen this difference in this componenents filesize? 

Using FreeFTPd (yes I know it has problems).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might want to look at this field notice.
Backup says its successful,however the ldap script fails and does not do a complete backup.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/635/fn63565.html

I think that sometimes its backing up correctly with the ldap data and sometimes it does not (xplains the varience in filesize)...both the times its gonna say its sucessfull.

You might want to consider upgrading to 8.5.1SU4 which has the fix for the defects underlined in the above field notice.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

did you try to untar one file or two just to see if they're corrupted?

G.

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might want to look at this field notice.
Backup says its successful,however the ldap script fails and does not do a complete backup.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/635/fn63565.html

I think that sometimes its backing up correctly with the ldap data and sometimes it does not (xplains the varience in filesize)...both the times its gonna say its sucessfull.

You might want to consider upgrading to 8.5.1SU4 which has the fix for the defects underlined in the above field notice.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Chakshi,

Thanks!  We're running into that issue from the logs, working on planning a SU4 update now.

Strange I didn't see this earlier, my google-fu brokedown on this.  Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: