Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5(1)SU3?

yavuzsab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Has anyone upgraded or installed UCCX 8.5(1)SU3 either HA over LAN or WAN for their customer yet? If yes, have you encounted any issues?

I want to basically get my customer onto this release ASAP to resolve 'switch version' issues and caveat problem, but firstly check with you all before I have them upgrade to 8.5(1)SU3 from 8.0(2)SU3.

Thanks,

Yavuz

6 Replies 6

Abhiram Kramadhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yavuz,

We have seen customers who have upgraded to the 8.5(1)SU3 version without issues. Also, we have done a number of tests in the lab. Looks good.

Regards,

Abhiram Kramadhati

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Yavuz,

Highly Recommended Practices for Linux-to-Linux Upgrade:

•Always initiate the switch version from the Command Line Interface.

•Upgrade the publisher before you upgrade the subscriber.

•After completing the switch version on the publisher and before starting the switch version for the subscriber, wait for the publisher database service to load fully. This allows the replication to be properly established when node2 is switched.

•Do not reboot the server until the switch version reports success or failure. Rebooting the system in the middle of a switch version may cause the system to enter an inconsistent state and possibly corrupt the configuration objects. If the switch version fails, record the error and open a TAC service request, without rebooting the server.

•Once both nodes have switched over to the new version, run the client configuration tool to generate new client installers for CAD/CSD.

Linux-to-Linux Upgrade Alert:

While doing a Linux-to-Linux upgrade, do not reboot the server until the switch version reports success or failure. Rebooting the system in the middle of a switch version may cause the system to enter into an inconsistent state and possibly corrupt the configuration objects or database. If the switch version fails, record the error and open a TAC service request, without rebooting the server.

Cisco UCCX 8.0(x) to 8.5(1) SU3 ESW Upgrade:

Note: Cisco UCCX 8.0(x) customers holding a valid ESW contract can upgrade to United CCX 8.5(1) SU3 without ordering an upgrade license through the PUT tool.

•Current feature lines/counts from your Cisco UCCX 8.0 license automatically carry forward to Cisco UCCX 8.5(1)SU3.

•All of the features enabled in your Cisco UCCX 8.0.(x) license will continue to work with Cisco UCCX 8.5(1) SU3.

•No additional license is needed unless it is a new requirement.

•To enable the license, you can upgrade to Cisco UCCX 8.5(1) SU3 from any version of Cisco UCCX 8.0 (8.0(x) base, or any of its SU versions).

•If adding a new feature line, you must contact your Cisco channel partner to either upgrade the package, increase the seat count, or increase the port count in your existing license.

•If upgrading to Cisco UCCX 8.5(1)SU3 from Cisco UCCX 7.0(x), you must contact your Cisco channel partner to procure a new Cisco UCCX 8.5 license.

Also please refer the Open Caveats, refer page 8, and Resolved Caveats page 9 onwards in the below link.

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/280840578/90779/RN_UCCX_851_SU3.pdf

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

billybjo1
Level 3
Level 3

Yeah done an SU3 last week.

It's resolved a lot of problems with a very buggy SU2 (don't touch that version).

Stable now, so far.

Hi,

Glad to know that the upgrade went fine.

Please mark the helpful posts accordingly.

Thanks,

Anand

ampdeck
Level 1
Level 1

we are also planning to upgrade from SU2 to SU3.

I hope everything will be smooth during our upgrade.

Hi,

Good luck with the upgrade, please do go through my above post for the procedure and precautions.

Thanks,

Anand