cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 Agent email

michaelzhq
Level 2
Level 2

How are the customer emails stored after agent processes it?  We have a customer who needs all emails to be stored at least 10 years. As my understanding, the email will be deleted after agent processes it. How can we keep the email somewhere so that they are not deleted? My understanding might be wrong, so can you please direct me if you know any document explaining this?

Thanks.

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Think about it like this - if you had a system that was legally required to retain copies of emails for 10 years, and you had a user who cleared their sent/deleted/inbox items every day, would this mean you have violated your legal requirement?

A system that archives email will log every message transiting the system - regardless of how long an end-user actually keeps the mail in their inbox or deleted items.

In essence, UCCX is a single end user on the mail system. It's subject to the customer/archiving product rules regardless of what you configure. So it's not up to you to make sure this requirement is met, the customer must already have this system... unless you are saying they don't have an archiving system, but want UCCX to maintain a 10 year history of it's email?

You should really confirm this with your customer.

In terms of the config, I certainly wouldn't set the mailbox to 10 year retention. I'm certain that way before 10 years worth of email has built up, the agent email system would fall over.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Agent Email uses the Exchange server to send and receive using a normal mailbox.

If your customer requires 10 year retention they must already have Exchange set up to archive all mail, and the mails from UCCX will be no exception to this.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks very much Aaron.

Can you please look at the configurations below in the Desktop Work Flow Administrator.

Retention Period for E-Mails Sent and Handled (Days)

The number of days that sent and handled e-mails are retained in the mail store. After the time period is up, the sent and handled e-mails are permanently deleted from the mail store.

Retention Period for E-Mails Pending Delete and System Status (Days)
The number of days that pending delete and system status e-mails are retained in the mail store. After the time period is up, the e-mails are permanently deleted from the mail store

So my understanding is that the email will be deleted after the number of days configured. so 10 years means I need to configure 3650 days. Is this true?

Hi

Think about it like this - if you had a system that was legally required to retain copies of emails for 10 years, and you had a user who cleared their sent/deleted/inbox items every day, would this mean you have violated your legal requirement?

A system that archives email will log every message transiting the system - regardless of how long an end-user actually keeps the mail in their inbox or deleted items.

In essence, UCCX is a single end user on the mail system. It's subject to the customer/archiving product rules regardless of what you configure. So it's not up to you to make sure this requirement is met, the customer must already have this system... unless you are saying they don't have an archiving system, but want UCCX to maintain a 10 year history of it's email?

You should really confirm this with your customer.

In terms of the config, I certainly wouldn't set the mailbox to 10 year retention. I'm certain that way before 10 years worth of email has built up, the agent email system would fall over.

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: