Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Cisco Support Community site will be in read only mode on Dec14, 2017 from 12:01am PST to 11:30am for standard maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

UCCX 8.5 and scheduled reports

Couple of questions on UCCX 8.5 SU2 with COPtwo

1. I read somewhere that with High Availability that the standby servers resources are used to generate reports now. But I can't remember where I read it, nor can I find it documented anywhere. Is this a true statement, even if the report is run or scheduled when connected to the master?

2. I am trying to find documentation that states you should not schedule reports during UCCX's nightly maintenance routines, but am not having any luck. Is that still best practice, not to schedule reports during this time. Also, what time to those routines run ... midnight?

Thank you.

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi David,

Please refer the UCCX 8.5 SRND,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/design/uccx851srnd.pdf

(Refer page 67 of SRND)

Note:

Historical Report generation is done by giving preference to non-Engine master node so that generation of Historical Reports does not affect the Cisco Unified CCX Engine performance. In a two-node scenario, if the current Engine master fails, the historical reports are generated from the new Engine node. Therefore, in a deployment with high availability and with both Cisco Unified CCX servers running, the maximum number of historical reporting sessions that is supported during normal operating hours is higher. If a server fails, this number reverts to the limit in a deployment without high availability. Note that this support for higher number of historical reporting sessions in a high availability deployment only applies to newer platforms. Refer the Cisco Unified Communications Sizing Tool for the limits on each platform.

(Refer page 85 of SRND)

Note:

In HA deployments, historical data comes from the database located in the standby engine node. On newer platforms, a higher number of historical reporting sessions during operating hours is supported for HA deployments. Refer the Cisco Unified Communications Sizing Tool for the limits.

On the schduling reporting part refer the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/user/guide/uccx85hrug.pdf

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

2 REPLIES

Hi David,

Please refer the UCCX 8.5 SRND,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/design/uccx851srnd.pdf

(Refer page 67 of SRND)

Note:

Historical Report generation is done by giving preference to non-Engine master node so that generation of Historical Reports does not affect the Cisco Unified CCX Engine performance. In a two-node scenario, if the current Engine master fails, the historical reports are generated from the new Engine node. Therefore, in a deployment with high availability and with both Cisco Unified CCX servers running, the maximum number of historical reporting sessions that is supported during normal operating hours is higher. If a server fails, this number reverts to the limit in a deployment without high availability. Note that this support for higher number of historical reporting sessions in a high availability deployment only applies to newer platforms. Refer the Cisco Unified Communications Sizing Tool for the limits on each platform.

(Refer page 85 of SRND)

Note:

In HA deployments, historical data comes from the database located in the standby engine node. On newer platforms, a higher number of historical reporting sessions during operating hours is supported for HA deployments. Refer the Cisco Unified Communications Sizing Tool for the limits.

On the schduling reporting part refer the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/user/guide/uccx85hrug.pdf

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Thanks, I knew I had read it somewhere.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content