Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX 8.5 ANI based routing

Hi all,

We got a requirement from the client fot do the ANI or extension based routing.

As we are using UCCX 8.5 with call manager version 8.6.2.

Client's requirement is to route the call to perticular agents if call comes from 4000 to 5599 range cisco extensions. and if extension is 2300 to 2699 then the agents would be different. All the users are using Cisco Extensions and we are created an internal call centre for the users.

I am attaching the current script

kindly share the helpful script to deploy this type of requirement on UCCX.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Vatandeep Singh

• Contact Center
Everyone's tags (7)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

well, it depends. You can use a database table for storing ANI information.

After taking the ANI (as a String) with the Get Call Contact info, you can do a database dip. The table would contain an ID of the call type, for instance, if 1, send it to CSQ1, if 2, send it to CSQ2.

You can also play around with XML if you are into a file based database.

G.

Re: UCCX 8.5 ANI based routing

Hi,

well, the relevant part is this:

lookup.png

First, assign the "Calling Number" to the String type variable, named ani, using the Get Call Contact Info step.

Then, create an XML document, using the Create XML Document step. I uploaded a file to the UCCX Document repository, named customers.xml (folder en_US, since my UCCX's default language is US English). The contents of the XML file named customers.xml is as follows:

Finally, the Get XML Document data step, using an XPath call ("//customer[@ani=$ani]/@id") filters out the id attribute of a customer element of which ani equals to the ani String, got previously. As we can see, it's 2.

Using this information, we can now use an If step to decide, which CSQ or phone number we are going to route the call to.

G.

16 REPLIES

Hi,

can you please post the screenshot of the script (I don't have a 8.5 UCCX handy).

Based on what you have written, it's kind of easy. All you have to do is insert two steps: Get Call Contact info (for taking the ANI) and an If step (for deciding, where to send the call).

G.

Thanks for your prompt reply......

I have uploaded but challenge is that how can we insert the more then 1000 numbers in Get Call Contact info coz it takes only on extension or string at a time.

Hi,

well, it depends. You can use a database table for storing ANI information.

After taking the ANI (as a String) with the Get Call Contact info, you can do a database dip. The table would contain an ID of the call type, for instance, if 1, send it to CSQ1, if 2, send it to CSQ2.

You can also play around with XML if you are into a file based database.

G.

Hi Gergely,

Thanks for your helpful reply.

I will deploy as per your solution and contact to get more valuable information.

Regards,

Vatandeep Singh

hii

hii

Hi Gergely,

Do you have any sample script with same deployment then it would be the great helpful me at all.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vatandeep Singh

Re: UCCX 8.5 ANI based routing

Hi,

well, the relevant part is this:

lookup.png

First, assign the "Calling Number" to the String type variable, named ani, using the Get Call Contact Info step.

Then, create an XML document, using the Create XML Document step. I uploaded a file to the UCCX Document repository, named customers.xml (folder en_US, since my UCCX's default language is US English). The contents of the XML file named customers.xml is as follows:

Finally, the Get XML Document data step, using an XPath call ("//customer[@ani=$ani]/@id") filters out the id attribute of a customer element of which ani equals to the ani String, got previously. As we can see, it's 2.

Using this information, we can now use an If step to decide, which CSQ or phone number we are going to route the call to.

G.

Hi Gergely, I'm not sure if

Hi Gergely, 

I'm not sure if the formatting got messed up in your post, but could you please tell me what the format of the XML doc your XPath example is using?

Is it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<customer>

<name>John Smith</name>

<ani>1234</ani>

<id>2</id>

</customer>

Hi there,yeah, there must be

Hi there,

yeah, there must be a problem with this forum engine.

Anyway, here's the contents of the customers.xml file I used:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<customers>
<customer ani="1234" id="1" name="John Smith"/>
<customer ani="5678" id="2" name="Alice Smith"/>
</customers>

And the XPath expression again:

"//customer[@ani=$ani]/@id"

Naturally, you should replace the $ani string with the contents of the ANI. So in the end, it would look like this: "//customer[@ani="+aniVariable+"]/@id".

It would return the value of the id attribute if there's a match and an empty string if there is no match.

Have fun.

G.

Views
Helpful
Replies