Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX 8.5 CAD without administrative privileges

Hello,

I using UCCX 8.5 in HAoWAN. Agents using CAD in their windows accounts without administrative permissions. When I tested failover by restarting UCCX Engine on first node agents have been disconnected and couldn't log into CAD, on my machine with administrative account failover completed successfully. Can I configure CAD for failover without giving administrative permissions to agents windows account?

Regards, Maxim.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Maxim,

Page 39 of the below link states,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/installation/guide/cad85ccxig-cm.pdf

Privileges:

By default, Windows Installer installations run in the context of the logged-on user. CAD installations, which use Windows Installer, require either administrative or elevated (system) privileges. If the CAD installation is run in the context of an administrative account, no additional privileges are required.

You can also cross verify is the CAD has been installed after the UCCX HA setup is completetd, by running the

PostInstall.exe from the path C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin in the CAD\CSD boxes. If you dont find the second node ip address, please enter it here.

And check the behaviour.

Hope it helps,

Anand

4 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi

Was CAD installed before the HA server was added to the cluster?

Check the registry on those PCs for the HKLM/Software/Spanlink/CAD/Site Setup for LDAP Host 1 and LDAP host 2; these should list your two server IP addresses.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

Yes, I have installed second node after installing CADs.

I checked the registry and found these parameters in HKLM/Software/Wow6432Node/Calabrio/CAD/Site Setup (Win 7 x64).

Thank you for reply.

Regards, Maxim

Hi Maxim,

Page 39 of the below link states,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/installation/guide/cad85ccxig-cm.pdf

Privileges:

By default, Windows Installer installations run in the context of the logged-on user. CAD installations, which use Windows Installer, require either administrative or elevated (system) privileges. If the CAD installation is run in the context of an administrative account, no additional privileges are required.

You can also cross verify is the CAD has been installed after the UCCX HA setup is completetd, by running the

PostInstall.exe from the path C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin in the CAD\CSD boxes. If you dont find the second node ip address, please enter it here.

And check the behaviour.

Hope it helps,

Anand

Hi Anand,

Thank you for reply, this solved my problem. On one PC I ran postinstall.exe, on others I executed Repair in Add/Remove Programs as said in your link.

Regards, Maxim

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content