cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 call recording causing CAD to crash

k.davis
Level 1
Level 1

Recently upgraded from UCCX 5 to 8.5.  We've been using the Answered event in the voice contact work flow for a long time in UCCX 5 to start call recording for all calls to 2 of our teams.  Since upgrading to UCCX 8.5, CAD has been intermittently either crashing with a Windows error box or silently closing.  The call itself is not impacted, but the agent must re-start CAD after the call, plus that recording is now corrupt.  I re-configured a handful of agents to a workflow group that does not have the start/stop record actions defined and the crashes stopped.  The workstations are currently running Windows XP SP3.  Anyone else running into this?  

4 Replies 4

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

There have many instances about recording and monitoring issues in UCCX 8.5 base version.

Please try upgrading it to UCCX 8.5 SU2 and give a try, if its faling there also, please check the CAD logs (

(C:\Program Files \Cisco\Desktop\log) to see the exact cause for this.

If this issue is happening on all CAD boxes than you may open a TAC case for further support.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

I'm already runing SU2-

Active Master Version: 8.5.1.11002-22

Active Version Installed Software Options:

ciscouccx.851SU2COPtwo.cop

ciscocm.serveraid.8.x.cop

CAD version is- 8.5.1.214

I didn't see anything in the logs myself, then opened a TAC case.  As soon as they figured out I am using the workflow group method to start/stop the recording, they said that is not TAC supported.

Hi Davis,

Could you please try creating the same workflow on the UCCX 8.5 SU2 system newly and delete the old one and check if this issue persists.

I am trying to avoid any upgrade related issues wrt to CDA workflows.

You can give a try.

Thanks,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

I did find the rule configured under the dropped event was not enabled after the upgrade from UCCX 5 to 8.5.  That event should force the recordings to stop at the end of each call.  I had noticed this on the answered event previously and fix it, but just noticed the dropped a day or two ago.  The crashes we are seeing are at the beginning of the call, just after the agent answers the phone.  I also found in the CAD logs where a call failed to record due to a recording being already in progress.  This appears to be during a time after the agent transferred a call to another agent.  I added a stop recording action to the work event to see if that helps make sure recordings get stopped when they should.  We're also in the process of moving these users to new computers with Windows 7.  That may help eliminate any resource type issues on the computers.