Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX 8.5 - How do I create a menu option that overwites a prompt?

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to UCCX scripting and have a question about a way to create a menu option that overwrites a prompt.

Here is the situation, we have only one small call center. There are two scripts in play here, one is their production script. Everythign is working fine with that script. The other is a recording script. The call center supervisors would like to be able to call into the recording script and record a prompt that says something like "All agents will be out today, November 1st, until 2pm on a staff luncheon, please call back at 2pm". This would overwrite the welcome prompt on their production script. As you can see from the language above, the message would be different depending on what was going on that day. I actually have this working quite well.

The problem is that when they come back from their luncheon, or from whatever they were doing, they want the ability to revert back to the original opening greeting wav file. The way it's set up now, when they get back from lunch they'd have to re-record the whole opening greeting "Thank you for calling XXX, press 1 to be connected to an agent, press 2...".

It seems like there should be a way, a new menu option in the recording script, that would allow me to revert back to the original recording so they don't need to re-record the opening greeting every time. I've created a new folder in Prompt Managment called "Revert" and placed the orginal opening greeting there. Can anyone give me guidance on what step to insert that would in effect say, if the caller presses 3, copy "Revert/Welcome.wav" to "CallCenter/Welcome.wav"? In this case the "CallCenter" folder contains the production prompts for the CallCenter script.

Thanks,
Josh

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

UCCX 8.5 - How do I create a menu option that overwites a prompt

Josh,

I would recommend the following configuration:

1.) Setup a XML file that has an option called "EarlyClose" or something similar.

2.) Setup your script with an "IF" that reads in that XML document and looks for "EarlyClose".  If it's set, then play the custom closed message.  If not, then play the normal message that is never overwritten.

The second part is to create a second script that has an internal only extension.  This would then allow your supervisor to dial in, and put in a PIN.  Once this is done, set have the agent record the greeting.  Then (and only then) set the "EarlyClose" variable in your XML document.  This will prevent the user not getting the new prompt recorded and EarlyClose being set early.  You can also setup the script to play back the prompt and then have the end user validate that everything is working right.  I would recommend reading through the scripting guides as they have some great infomation on this type of thing and example scripts.  I hope this helps you out.

Thank you,

Robert W. Rogier -- UCCE TAC Support Engineer

Cisco, RTP NC.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content