cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 Menu Step

wbarren
Level 1
Level 1

If I have a script that uses the menu step can I allow users to dial a extension at any time during that menu prompt or do I have to have them hit a selection that takes them to a sub greeting to accept the dialed digits?  Any assistance is appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could do that.  I.e., If you know the extension of the person you are trying to reach, press 9.  And then you'd use a Get Digit String step to collect a certain quantity of digits to treat as your destination for the Call Redirect step.

Alternatively, you could abandon your Menu step all together for a single Get Digit String step, but then you'd have to use a Switch step to define your menu selections, followed by the Call Redirect in the default branch of the Switch step.  If you have UCCX standard that will all work, but if you have a higher license I would recommend also checking the number for some basic things such as input length, and maybe a starts with check.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Samuel Womack
Level 5
Level 5

You should be able to keep the Menu Step. Just add a Get Digit String Step to the appropriate Output according to the Extensions that would be dialed in your environment. If the caller isn't Dialing By Extension the Value of the String output in the Get Digit String output will have an empty value and if so..just perform Menu Option Logic..attached is a very short ScreenShot of how it might look...

DialByExtMenuStep.png