Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 MySQL Connector?

Brendan White
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Before I get replies saying it's not supported, I already know this... Despite this being 'not supported', this does not mean it 'does not work'. So whether or not it's supported is moot.

I'd like to know if anyone out there has ever gotten UCCX to connect to a MySQL database, and if so - where did you find the connector and how did you install the driver for MySQL?

The MySQL connector I downloaded from their site claims to be a jtds/jdbc driver, but I get this error when trying to upload it :

--

Error Message    

Error Occurred while validating the driver.: JDBC Driver:net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver could not be loaded to class path

--

I've tried the other three class names, all yeild the same error. I've tried different versions of the connector, none seem to be accepted.

I'm testing a few things out - strictly for educational purposes.

Thanks in advance!

B.

13 Replies 13

Hi Brendon,

Let me clarify one thing....

"UCCX to connect to a MySQL database"

Are you trying to force UCCX to use a MySQL database as it's backend rather than it's native IBM Informix database?

I would probably guess this wont work. Largely they are the same, however Informix SQL commands do differ slightly when performing some more advanced commands.

Hi there,

No - I'm not trying to make UCCX use an alternate internal database - I'm trying to get it to connect to an external database for database dips - for use in scripts.

Using a supported databases would be an expensive and complicated thing to do for educational purposes. I simply want to have a script read/write information from an external database, such as a 'customer information database', should that be MS-SQL, Sybase, Oracle - but in my case MySQL.

Thanks,

B

BlizzardSupport
Level 1
Level 1

Brendan.  Ever get this working?

No, he did not.
He was trying to upload the Mysql JDBC driver instead of the MS SQL one. It does not work that way.
If you want to use Mysql, it IS possible, using Java custom classes. Do you have IP IVR or UCCX Premium?

G.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I have UCCX Premium.  I'm just looking for the MS SQL driver is all.  It seems to ellude me.

The simple answer is no natively mySQL is not a supported DB type, but you can write a custome java class to connect to a mySQL DB to access data stored there.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi,

Have somebody got this working? I'm feeling that some persons doesn't want this integration posible between UCCX + MySQL

Hi,

"some persons"? It's not about some persons preventing you from reaching the Holy Grail. It's technically not possible. You must accept it. UCCX will not talk to a Mysql database at this moment, at least not with the way the Supported Three (Oracle, DB2, MS SQL) do. And that's final.

I am not aware of a way of forcing Cisco to implement anything on popular demand, at least for something which is not their main line.

You can, however, use a XML-to-SQL proxy, and integrate UCCX with any JDBC compatible database. An introduction can be found here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29776

G.

I finnaly ran SQL Express, at least not require any license....

Please rate all useful posts
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles.

@Gergely, I found this post about SQL Express:https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2141417

I really enjoyed your answer about why SQL Express is not "supported".

For you my friend (+5).

Regards

Please rate all useful posts
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles.

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I hade this issue before. I use 3rd party web server as a middle ware between uccx and mysql DB

HTH
Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

stanler
Level 1
Level 1

Use an API to make the request to the mySQL DB and have it return the results in json.  Setup a php, Python etc. script the take an API request as a string aka the query and returns the results in json format. Hope this helps.

Why are you replying to a nearly 10-year old post?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: