Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 on ESX No Sound

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Got UCCX 8.5 on an ESX server, uploaded prompts in to script but phones wont play any sound. I've played the prompts back through the CCX Admin Prompt page and they're fine.I've altered the script so it only puts call on Hold to check script and its fine.I've tried adding a script that only plays a prompt-no sound!

The script is :

Accept Call

Play Prompt

Any idea why ESX server isnt passing sound?

Rich

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I've attached a working .wav file from my system (UCCX 7.0).  See if you can upload this and play it in a script.  If not, probably best to open a TAC case if you haven't already.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you sure the prompts are in the right WAV format? CCX will not transcode the input file you give it to whichever value you specified in the system parameters page.

I uploaded a wav file and I can play it back through the Admin page so I guess so.

If the admin page is playing the .wav file through Windows Media Player, then it is Media Player that is playing the file and not the CCX.  Save the file to your desktop and check the properties of it, make sure it is the right settings.

CCITT u-Law, 8.000 kHz, 8 Bit,  Mono

Cheers Andrew- it probably is that. How do I check? I've used Audacity (and followed guide to record in above format) but it still doesnt work.

I cant tell the format of the file (Windows XP Sound Recorder was so much simpler but I use Win7).

Heres a screen shot of the file from Audacity (attached)

Rich

Save the file to your desktop as a .wav file.  Once it is saved, right click it, go to properties, then go to Summary tab.  You should see something like this below.

Hmm I uploaded a Unity recorded voicemail message to test CCX playing prompts and it just plays feedback crackling noises

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I've attached a working .wav file from my system (UCCX 7.0).  See if you can upload this and play it in a script.  If not, probably best to open a TAC case if you haven't already.

Thanks Andrew. It was so much easier with Windows Sound Recorder! So much for Windows 7.

It worked fine

I don't have a Win 7 machine readily available in front of me, but you should still have Sound Recorder on there.  I found this on the Microsoft website for Sound Recorder on Win 7.  Hope this helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Record-audio-with-Sound-Recorder

But its not possible to save as .wav anymore

Hi

Yep - it's not good on Win7... no wav, let alone detailed bit rate etc.

That said, if you have a decent version of WIn7 with XP Mode installed, you can just fire that up and use the old version.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Good call Aaron. I'll check.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: