Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 - Script to ring again and again

Hi all. I'm trying to design a script on a trigger that will call a number, ring for 10 seconds, stop, pause for 3 seconds, and then call that number again.

What I have is this:

[label] Keepcalling

Callcontact = Place Call (to destinationring variable, with my number)

No answer (after 10 seconds)

Terminate (Callcontact)

Delay 3 sec

Go to KeepCalling

What happens is that it makes the call, but after 10 seconds, it drops the caller to the ringback and then error message. I've set in my terminate command not to drop the caller's call leg, but the one it's making to the destination number, so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

When you 'place call' you'll notice (if you debug) that the script stops at that point until the call connects or fails. When the script moves on, you can only terminate the outbound call if the call still exists.

One of the properties of the place call step is 'timeout' - this is 10 by default. After those 10 seconds if the call was not answered the call does not exist, so when you terminate it this is a logical error. 

You only need to terminate if you want to hang up a connected call.

In your case, you just need to delete the terminate step.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

That did it, thanks!

Great stuff - don't forget to mark this thread as 'answered' if you are happy, to help highlight useful responses...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: