Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCCX 8.5 scripting error

UCCX Version: 8.5.1 SU2

I have your basic single queue script that I'm trying to shim in the "holiday.aef" sub-script, available countless places (I'll attach here anyway).  I've read through some other blogs and notes about the changes in 8.x for calling XML file creation and have adjusted the "holiday.aef" file accordingly, but when I attempt to debug the main script, I get:

"error unmarshalling return; nested exception is: java.io.IOException: unsupported version format: 7"

I saw other blogs mentioned either a CRS editor mismatch or use of an old TimeOfDay script step, neither of which is valid here.  The original scipt without the "holiday.aef" subflow works fine, so I know the problem is there, but I'm not sure how to check it.

I admit to now knowing how to debug a subscript, as my UCCX scripting is quite rusty.

Any takers?

PS This is the beginning run of a more complex scripting logic issue that I will address once this basic script is tested and working.  If feedback is forthcoming and interest is there, I'll post that one as well.

Everyone's tags (3)
14 REPLIES

UCCX 8.5 scripting error

I haven't run into the error that you describe, but I can make a recommendation on debugging the sub flow.  I have not found a way to debug a subflow called from a script.  However, if the sublow performs some form of caller interaction, I will add an accept and terminate and upload it as a stand alone script and debug it accordingly.  Or, if the sublow does not have any caller interaction, then I simply open the sublow in the editor and use the Step Over function to step through the script.

UCCX 8.5 scripting error

Hi there,

I just ran your scripts through a reactive debug and didn't receive the unmarshalling return error.  I got an error regarding the changes in the XML file creation that you've already mentioned so I'm pretty sure you're able to or already have fixed that in your current script.  I've received the unmarshalling return in the past when debugging using a CCX editor client from version 7 on version 8 CCX.  I'd double check to make sure you've got the right client installed as well as the java version and give it another shot.

HTH,

Chris

Bronze

UCCX 8.5 scripting error

I am getting the same error and found that it is caused by a Get Call Contact Info step. I have used this step in scripts before without any issues. This is the first time I wrote a script in version 8.5 that had that step. The script seems to work correctly, even the Get Call Contact Info step. I'm just not able to debug it because of this error.

Mark

UCCX 8.5 scripting error

i would like to use a script created on a 8.5 machine to open on a 8.02 machine editor. Also the GET CALL CONTACT INFO step is incompatibel. So i am deleting this step in the script with 8.5 CCX Editor, saved that and opened it in 8.02 CCX Editor. At next i created the same  GET CALL CONTACT INFO step at the same position in script. Saved that and allways was okay!

Thanks Cisco develeper!

UCCX 8.5 scripting error

Thank you for the tip - it saved hours of work

UCCX 8.5 scripting error

I just encountered the "error unmarshalling return; nested exception is:       java.io.IOException: unsupported version format: 7" error while debugging a Non-working script on UCCX Version 8.5.1.11002-22 and the issue is the Get Call Contact Info step.  If I remove the step the script works fine and will debug fine.  In my case the script is not working when triggered.  Has anyone found a fix for this as I must have the Get Call Contact Info step, which was working fine in Version 7?

Bronze

UCCX 8.5 scripting error

Kevin,

You would use the Get Info step to populate a variable in your script. You could, although not ideal, remove that Get Info step from your script and either configure the variable as a parameter and set it in the application or fill it in during the debug to whatever value it needs to be to work correctly. Once you find the issue with your script you can add that step back in for the production version.

I don't like suggesting a work around like this, but sometimes it's better than nothing. This needs to be fixed by Cisco, or they need to let us know a permanent work around for it.

Mark

UCCX 8.5 scripting error

Hi Kevin,

Uninstall your editor and reinstall it from the server. Even though it reports to be the same version SU2 patches the editor.

Frank

UCCX 8.5 scripting error

Thanks for the reply Frank.  Unfortunately this is not a problem with the Script Editor as the Script is actually broken in Production.  When triggered normally from a phone call, the System default script answers the call and when debugging you get the error message.  Is anyone using a "Get Call Contact Info" step that is grabbing the "calling number" on a version 8.5.2 UCCX script?

UCCX 8.5 scripting error

Hi Kevin,

the script editor fix allows you to debug your script with the Get Call Contact Info step, then you will be able to find your other problem.

My script works fine, but I could not debug it with the Get Call Contact Info step until I had reinstalled the editor.

Frank

UCCX 8.5 scripting error

Frank,

GREAT NEWS...Your recommendation did the trick.  Once the Editor was re-installed I was able to get past the Call Contact step and found the bad link to a sub-flow...

Thanks for keeping the hope alive!

Kevin

UCCX 8.5 scripting error

I was getting this error with a script when debugging or just trying to open the script.  I created and modified the script with the same editor.  I resolved the problem but uninstalling and re-installing the same version of the editor.  The script in question does have the Get Call Contact Info step in it.

UCCX 8.5 scripting error

I am having the same issue.

My scripts with the holiday.aef call sublfow was working on 8.5

I upgraded to 8.5 su2 and now the call subflow for the holiday does not work.

If I remove the holiday subflow from the script it works just fine.

I have updated my editor to the latest and when I do a reactive debug I do not see anything come in.

I know this reply is to an

I know this reply is to an old thread, but thought I'd post this just in case someone is trying to do a reactive debug and runs across this, and gets an exception:  

error unmarshalling return; nested exception is:  java.io.IOException: unsupported version format: 7

The responses above are correct.  Uninstall your editor, and re-install it from your Cisco Unified CCX Administration page:  Tools -> Plugins -> Cisco Unified CCX Editor

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content