Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 Voip Monitor

wscotty2012
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We recently deployed UCCX 8.5 on VMware and have successfully been using dekstop based CAD recording.

We now have a requirement to monitor calls from agents using CAD browser edition so we need to configure SPAN monitoring, As far as I'm aware, SPAN is not supported on UCCX running in VMWare. Other than looking to move UCCX to a physical appliance, is there any other way to enable SPAN monitoring? Can a dedicated server be provisioned?

Thanks,               

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If by dedicated you open your options to another product, then yes.  Cisco's QM solution allows SPAN based recording, and you can have it for the low cost of a single physical server.

If not though, then no.  Unfortunately the days of separating out your recording and monitoring server in the UCCX cluster are long gone.

By the way, I didn't know your couldn't use SPAN based recording with virtualized UCCX.  I'll have to read up on that.  Thanks for letting me know.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hello Anthony,

I appreciate if you could let me know If you got any information on above discussion as I am setting up SPAN based recording and monitoring server on virtualized UCCX 8 and currently I'm setting up second node in the cluster for HA configuration.

Thanks

Like I said, I didn't even know you could do SPAN with UCCX in VMware, so I'm not sure I can help you on that topic.  Maybe someone else can chime in?

As for QM though, yes, what's your question?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

You can also try using Cisco MediaSense or a third party recorder (http://www.verba.com/ for example) this uses the built in bridge feature in your phones.

Gabriel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: