Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8 Monitoring and Recording Server Initial Config in HA

Chts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I'm trying to replicate second node with first  node  in HA Configuration ,,But it says Add to Cluster is failed because of   Connection time out. Please try again with correct entries. but both  IP's are reachable over LAN and updated second node details in the first  node as well.

I appreciate if you can one let me know what could be the reason ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Chaning these entries after the install will change the license MAC of your box, making the earlier license invalid.

You need to request for the new license based on your new License MAC.

Thanks,

Anand

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Suryanarayana Chintu,

Could you please check the below few points.

1. HA license is present in the First node of UCCX before performing the Add to cluster operation.

2. Same type of hardwares (MCS\UCS\OVA template) are being used in both the nodes.

3. DNS resolutions are proper.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Hello Anand,

Thank you so much for your reply, As you mentioned 1 & 2 points are fine. But can you please little elaborate as I have'nt had any DNS Clinet configuration on both nodes.

Hello Anand,

Thank  you so much for your reply, As you mentioned 1 & 2 points are fine.  But can you please little elaborate on third point as I have'nt had any DNS Clinet  configuration on both nodes.

Hi Suryanarayana Chintu,

UCCX node's hostnames should have an entry in the DNS server, and as part of the install you will see a mandatory stpe to enter the primary DNS server.

Thanks,

Anand

Hello Anand,

Thanks for your reply , Probably this might be the issue since I havn't given DNS Server details on both nodes.

Actully , I have DNS Server in the Lab , Shall I update this DNS Server IP details on both nodes?  Please advise.

Hi,

Yes, please do that and let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Anand

Hello Anand , Thanks for your reply .

I'm trying to set DNS primary  address via CLI ,  There was a warning : Changing this setting will invalidate software license on this server . The license will have to be re-hosted.  So , I should upload license again right ?

If I upload license file again , what are the other changes will effect?  Please advise.

Hi,

Chaning these entries after the install will change the license MAC of your box, making the earlier license invalid.

You need to request for the new license based on your new License MAC.

Thanks,

Anand

Alright! Thanks. I will let you know once done.

If you have no DNS it shouldn't have caused communication issues between both boxes.

- Have you added the secondary node onto UCCX Node 1

That sounds more likely the issue as you have no DNS thus far and sounds like CSA hasn't allowed communication from your secondary node.

Note: UCCX 9X forces customers to use DNS now, an option you cannot skip.

Hoai

Hello Hoai,

Thanks for your reply,

I haven't updated DNS details on both nodes yet, As you mentioned how can I  check CSA status on secondary node.

Note :This is for your information I have installed both nodes are on different VMs,

Hello Suryanarayana

What I meant was on UCCX Node 1 appadmin page, System>Server

Add in secondary server IP address.

Try that first before you start making DNS changes.

Regards

Hoai

Yes I did it before installing second node , Thanks!

Hello ,

I have updated DNS details on both the nodes and trying replicate but again the same error: Add to Cluster is failed because of connection time out, Please  try again with correct entries. Also I just checked second node status  in the first node which shows UNKNOWN. Please advise what could be the issue?