Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8 Monitoring and Recording Server Installation

Chts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I’m trying to setup UCCX8 call Monitoring and Recording Server in the lab , For this purpose I'm installing UCCX 8.0 with the version 8.0.2.10000-41 as a second node on another VM of VMware workstation which will be used for enabling Monitoring and Recording components later, but there is an error during installation because of configured version for UCCX8 Monitoring Server and the first node active version 8.0.2.11005-20 does not matching as I had it  done the upgrade for the first node earlier, I'm unable to skip this option for further installation.

I would appreciate if any suggestions here.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Two things:

1) On  current UCCX versions, you cannot have a seperate node for recording. You can have one or two nodes in HA config, and each will run the recording services.

2) To add a HA node to an existing system, you must build the same version as the existing node. To do this, when you first boot the installer it asks you if you wish to 'install a patch'. Select, yes, and then when prompted insert the updated (downloaded/non-bootable version) or point the installer at an FTP/SFTP source that contains the downloaded upgrade image.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Oops - I meant 'Network Services'.

I have a mental block with those two menus, as Feature Services contains all the good stuff on CUCM.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi

Your NTP won't sync, as Windows is not NTP. It's SNTP, to which an NTP source will not sync.

You can install a proper NTP service on the Windows server - e.g. http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm

Or sync your primary node to a web based NTP server : http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/

Once that shows synced, the second node will be able to sync to the first node...

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

10 Replies 10

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Two things:

1) On  current UCCX versions, you cannot have a seperate node for recording. You can have one or two nodes in HA config, and each will run the recording services.

2) To add a HA node to an existing system, you must build the same version as the existing node. To do this, when you first boot the installer it asks you if you wish to 'install a patch'. Select, yes, and then when prompted insert the updated (downloaded/non-bootable version) or point the installer at an FTP/SFTP source that contains the downloaded upgrade image.

Regards

Aaron

Hello Aaron, Thanks for your reply.

Could you please let me know How can I find out that the recording services are running on my first node as i am trying to setup second node for HA config.  Thanks .

Hi

Go into 'Unified CCX Serviceability', then TOols/Control Centre- Feature Services. You should see a 'Recording and Playback Service' and a 'VoIP Monitor Service'.

Aaron

Hello Aaron, Thank you so much for quick reply,

As advised , I just checked it and there is no Recording and Playback Service running.. enclosed is the screenshot.

I think I have to change the  total cluster Configuration and need to have a fresh setup with HA config to setup Monitoring and Recording Server.

Please advise me.

Oops - I meant 'Network Services'.

I have a mental block with those two menus, as Feature Services contains all the good stuff on CUCM.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron , Checked it .. its runnings..  Thank you so much for all your replies ..  I will start setting up sencond node.

Hello ,

During post-installation tasks of UCCX Second node installation for HA config, I got an error which says ' The NTP Server on the first node is inaccessible' .

NTP server status in the first node shows unsynchronized and tried to restart the same but not synchrozising.... but NTP server Ip address in the LAN is accesible.

Note : I'm using AD IP address as NTP Server IP address in the Lab.

Please find the enclosed screen shots of error and ntp status on first node.

I appreciate  if  you have any suggestion here How to forcefully restart NTP server on first node and get it synchronized.

Hi

Your NTP won't sync, as Windows is not NTP. It's SNTP, to which an NTP source will not sync.

You can install a proper NTP service on the Windows server - e.g. http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm

Or sync your primary node to a web based NTP server : http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/

Once that shows synced, the second node will be able to sync to the first node...

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...