Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8 Upload Prompts

fabio.zanotti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a 3 node (UCCX 8.x) and I'have a little problem with my customer.

I must upload a prompt from a script IVR and to do this I haven't any problem, but upload is OK into IVR where the call come in, but how can to do upload in the other 2 IVR ???

How can I do this with UCCX 8.x??? It's possible ???

thank you

Fabio

10 Replies 10

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Fabio,

UCCX Deployment can not have more than 2 nodes even in HA setup. Are those 3 different UCCX deployments ?

Please elaborate on the setup.

GP.

Hi

sorry, my information was not sufficient.

Yes I have 3 different UCCX and they aren't in HA.

Our client have 3 different IVR with same script.

thanks

Fabio

Fabio,

I dont think it's possible the way you want it. Manually uploading the prompt on other 2 IVRs, remains the alternate option.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the post !!

Hi,

of course you can do that. I've got a similar setup, one script records a prompt and synchronizes it on the other IVR. It does not matter which node the recording script is triggered on.

Can you please confirm it's IP IVR (or the feature set is Premium)?

G.

Hi

Thank you very much for the answer.

Yes I confirm you that they are IP IVR.

How can i syncronizer IP IVR with prompt ??

Can you help me ????

thanks

Fabio

Hi,

sure I can help you.

- Recording script:

1. recording = Recording

2. Upload prompt (language, promptName) // this uploads the prompt into the local repo

if successful:

3. Create an URL document to an URL, which is actually a HTTP trigger on the other IVR server. You may use the prompt file name as a HTTP GET parameter.

- Syncing script (on the other side):

1. get the HTTP parameters, most specifically, the prompt file name

2. issue a Create URL Document call to the URL of the prompt on the first side

3. Cache it for instant download

4. Upload to the local repo.

I don't know whether this is a security flaw, but the prompts are exposed as http://ipaddress:9080/Prompts/lang/dir/prompt.wav so it's easy to access them.

Screenshot (the relevant parts):

Side A recording script:

The URL explained: 10.232.130.36 is the Side B IVR server, 9080 the port, and /ahpsync12 is the HTTP trigger set up to trigger a script with the name of ahpsync12.aef on the side B IVR server.

Now, the ahpsync12.aef script:

Again, the script issues a Create URL Document step towards the IVR A server (10.232.128.62) and this sort of downloads the prompt from A's repository.

So IVR A actually triggers a (HTTP) script on the IVR B server which in turn downloads the prompt previously saved on IVR A using HTTP and uploads it into its own local (side B) repository.

Of course, there will be a pair of scripts, A calling B to sync and B calling A to sync, but all you need to do is just to change the URLs as appropriate.

G.

Hi

thank you for the answer. I have start a new IVR script following your istruction.

But, in my browser with http://10.242.77.10:9080/Prompts/it_IT/folder I cannot view list of the file wave inside that folder.

http://10.240.129.10:9080/Prompts/it_IT/WAV_ALLARMI/prova.wav =>

HTTP Status 404 - Not Found

type Status report

message Not Found

description The requested resource (Not Found) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.20

but port number 9080 is always the same ???

thanks you for your patience

Fabio

Hi again

I have realized 2 script IVR following your istruction, and functionality now, is OK.

File transfer between two IP IVR via HTTP now it works.

I made ​​a simple mistake

thank you very much for the help you gave me

Fabio

Hi, glad to hear that. Can you give me some stars, too ;-) ?

Excellent Gergely, full marks from my side, rated twice as I couldnt give you more than 5 at 1 single post

GP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: