Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 9.0(2) Agent Email is not working

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Dear Experts,

I have a setup of call manager version 9 and contact center express verion 9. I want to enable agent email.

I create CSQ and skill for email and assigned to agents.

we have an email created on the exchange.

I have 2 issues:

- first, I am trying to configure the IMAP and SMTP. SMTP always return error CDAUI2031 Invalid SMTP Server settings

- the other error is regarding Email agent desktop. it always shows loading and is not working. kindly find the attached snapshot.

thanks for your help in advance

Anas

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Check the SMTP relay setting on Exchange and Change SMTP relay authentication to Basic.

Regards,
Gnan.

View solution in original post

Hi,

Look like you are hitting CSCua33965            Bug and try the workaround given in the below link.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCua33965

Regrads,

Gnan.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Check the SMTP relay setting on Exchange and Change SMTP relay authentication to Basic.

Regards,
Gnan.

We are experiencing a same problem. Where email status show logout 98% of time and email icons are greyd out. Some how even if you are email ready status it will not deliver email email to the agent. UCCX 8.5 with SU4. We went and checked the logs and it shows failing authenticataion .

Hi Saeed,

what do you do after that ? what logs you check to find authentication issue ?

waiting your advise

Anas

We collected logs from Servicibility under desktop services.  Please review the attach file. We verified through OWA if we can acess an account which was succesfull. Trace show password authtentication failed through uccx.

Hi Saeed,

I try to collect the logs through RTMT but I didn't find a field to collect logs for agent email. which one you use to collect the logs ?

did you solve the issue for agent email loading issue ? which I attach to my question ?

thanks in advance

regards

Anas

Hi Gnan,

actually we use anonymous authentication for SMTP. we have exchange 2010.

we change to basic authentication without any success.

the IMAP is updated successfully, but the SMTP is not

any idea

regards

Anas

Hi,

Look like you are hitting CSCua33965            Bug and try the workaround given in the below link.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCua33965

Regrads,

Gnan.

Hi Gnan,

thanks for your link. I check the bug details, the conditions are " uccx and exchange 2007 or exchange 2010 integration. When tls and basic authentication, both are enabled."

I only use basic authentication without tls.

do you have any other idea ?

regards

Anas

Anas,

Are issue is not resolved yet. I still have check the authentications according to that bug. Since I do not manage exchange here and have involve different people. We pulled the log from exchange server which showed us loggin failures.

Hi Saeed,

thanks for your reply.

I still have the same issue. did you open tac case ?

regards

Anas

Yes, We did open a TAC case but not much luck with it . Atleast we discoverd it is failing authentication at the exchange end. One thing is beyond my understanding why would it work sometimes . I just got an email from Cisco regarding the issue copying link for you I havent looked at it yet. Let me know.

http://http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/installation/guide/cad85ccxig-cm.pdf

Hi Saeed,

the link talk about the agent email configuration guide. I follow all the steps without success.

the issue really is weired. my customer told me it is not possible to have a bug like this, because it is a main feature in the system.

if you have any luck just update me.

regards

Anas

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Gnan,

I tried all the work around solutions for SMTP. I use basic authentication and create SMTP connector without any success.

regards

Anas

Do you have premium license for the agent to have an email enabled. Did you restart enterprize services from CSD ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: