Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

UCCX 9.0.2 Scripts

I am new and green at using UCCX.  I am working on a call scheduling script that I currently have in English but must have the response in English and Spanish.  The script is just about complete but when the call is queued/holding it will only reply to the caller in English.  I am trying to divide the "select_resource" from just English to both English and Spanish when the call is queued.  I am having mixed results with no success. 

Does anyone have an example script of how to separate languages?  Perhaps some reference material that relates to multiple languages when in a call queue?

Thank you!

Robert

Everyone's tags (4)
6 REPLIES

UCCX 9.0.2 Scripts

Are you using the play prompt step when the caller is in queue or are you using the CUCM MoH with the UCCX ports?

Can you post more or less your call flow within the script?

Gabriel.

Community Member

UCCX 9.0.2 Scripts

This is the Spanish “Select_Resource2”

When the call is queued it goes to the "Play Prompt" then "P_PositionInQueueS" which number in line the caller is.  Then the script goes to the "Delay".    But is only plays the english wav files. 

I have tried to set the agents to English speaking (csq_APC) and Spanish speaking (csq_SPAN).

I have tried creating two seperate Resource loops and other things not worth mentioning.

Thank you for your response!

Re: UCCX 9.0.2 Scripts

Hi Robert, as Anthony said, start small. Something like:

Sorry for any mistake with the script, was doing it very quick

Gabriel.

Robert,

You shouldn't be learning about languages in such a complicated environment.  The time to learn is in the lab, and then you take your understanding to your production scripts.

With that said, you need to read the Programming Guides Volumea 1 and 2 found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

I would like to inform you that your Call Hold steps in your script are what play the hold music/announcements to your callers, and these have no notion of "languages."  Probably because it's music....on hold.  If you needed a different music on hold selection for your different languages, then you need to abandone the Call Hold + MOH solution and just use Play Prompts to play out your audio instead.

And then you should know that, even while you can technically record any audio inside your prompts you want, like say, some fake language you made up with your sister when you were 10, you should be aware that only a few languages actually come shipped with UCCX for your use with system prompts.  I.e., When you are using a menu and it says "are you still there" under a timeout.

To find those languages, you need to look at the compatibility guide found at the above mentioned link.

Start small, and build upon what you already know.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Community Member

Gabriel and Anthony,

I appreciate the advice to start small and work up but this is one of those times you are asked to make it work.  I will be going back over the recommended documentation as well.  Gabriel, thanks for the great scripting ideas!  Anthony, I also appreciate the reference advice which I will be reviewing and referencing. 

At this point my script is several pages long and I am at the last task of the scripting project. 

I have made a script with several menus which has both English and Spanish options.  All of the menus work great but now I am at a point that when a call is queued the automated response is in English only. 

I think perhaps a good way to look at the issue is that I have a queue bucket of English and Spanish calls.  I need to identify/qualify each call type in the queue and send them to the appropriate "response" queue to wait for an available agent.  I would like to try and not duplicate the responses but rather use variables to substitute the language types to the queue types.  But at this point I need to get this working ASAP so anything suggested is appreciated. 

Thank you for your responses!

Robert

Community Member

Gabriel, Anthony and All,

I found out the problem I was having with help from Cisco  support.  I created two resource locations, English and Spanish.  When  performing the type of if statement I wanted to perform it required two  == signs instead of one in order for it to function properly.  The if  statement worked and all is well! 

Thank you for your responses!!!

Robert

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content