Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCCX 9.0 features

Dears,

I am very new to UCCX, the contact center is running fine but client is asking me such question that i am not able to answer him,

• Client has 5 plants for electricity managing a city, so any of the plant goes down the public users when they call to the call center they should get an option such as " to know which plant is down press 8" when the public user press 8 he should come to know that ABC city plant is down and for which reason,  what type of configuration i have to do in the UCC and what type (name) of the application server (database)  i have to setup for the reply on the prompts.

• Client is asking me to deploy best features of 9.0  for the agents, But what best features i can show to the client.

Thanks

7 REPLIES

UCCX 9.0 features

Hi,

about informing the user about the outage: well, it depends on the data source the information is stored in. It would be ideal to have this in a database table (Microsoft SQL/Sybase, Oracle DB and IBM DB2 are the supported options) or as a dynamically generated XML page sitting on a web server.

About the top features: well, what is the client interested in?

G.

UCCX 9.0 features

Thanks Gergely,

As i am very new to contact center so please bare my silly question.

or as a dynamically generated XML page sitting on a web server. 

can you explore more for the above words, how the contact center will be routed to the XML page on the web server, on contact center which configuration TAB i have to configure for call routing to webserver.

UCCX 9.0 features

Hi,

yes, certainly. I assume your customer has a sophisticated system controlling the plants you have talked about. The status of each of these plants is kept up to date in this system.

We want our UCCX to access this information somehow. There are two easy ways:

1. The status of the plants is updated in a database table. UCCX can make a database "dip".

2. The status of the plants is updated in a static or dynamically generated XML file. UCCX can read and parse XML.

It's really up to the person in charge designing the solution whether the XML is static or dynamically generated. I can imagine a script periodically generating and saving an XML file onto a webserver (static file) or a script "triggered" each time the UCCX calls the webserver, creating the XML "on the fly".

G.

UCCX 9.0 features

Dear Gergely,

Assume we have kept a static XML file in the server C: Drive, Now how i can show a path to the UCCX to the C:Drive of the server.

Thanks

UCCX 9.0 features

Hi,

er... you probably want a web server (aka HTTP server).

G.

UCCX 9.0 features

Hi Gergely,

I am very very new to the UCCX, can you elaborate from the UCCX side configuration

thanks

UCCX 9.0 features

Hi,

yes, certainly. You'll probably have a DN (= extension number), tied to a UCCX application, triggering a UCCX script, containing a Create URL Document step, a Cache Document step and a Get XML Document Data step.

G.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content