Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

UCCX 9.0 - Flexible open hours/dates

Hi All,

I’m new to uccx scripting and I need some advice...

We currently have a number of live queues setup with hard coded open hours and dates. (i.e. 9am-5pm and closed for holidays)

Now the company wants to move to a more a flexible model.

The ideal solution is that we have a structured model, with supervisors having the ability to temporarily shut the queue (non-emergency messaging) or open the queue in and out of normal operation hours.

Any advice/solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Oliver

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

There are some good example

There are some good example for this (and this has been asked for many times here) on the script repository examples, download the examples and look for emergency closing, etc scripts which use XML file to store the value of the state that then routing script check for and makes decision based on.

Chris

4 REPLIES

You need to define a bit more about what it is that you need.

I.e.,

How should people access the interface?  TUI?  Web?  Both?  Other?  Additional?

How do you authenticate users to the interface?  User ID + Password?  Simple PIN?  Other?

How do you authorize users to change the specific queue or department?

However, I can tell you from experience the most popular solution for opening and closing a call center at any given moment, is to log in an Agent account that you check for in the script.  E.g., Agent name cs_closed, and your script checks their log status.  If they are logged in, then you close the call center.  I don't like this method because it burns an Agent license.

I would suggest just storing a value in a text file in the repository to achieve the same thing, but instead of logging in an Agent to "flag" the change, create a simple little IVR that allows callers to "flag" the text file, and then your calling script just reads the flag.

Here's a recent post I made, describing one way to achieve this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4147363#4147363

Outside of the popular option, there's holding values on an external source: databases if you have premium, web servers if you have enhanced or standard.

If the times are variable but within a limited set of combinations, then you could just have a switch step switching which Time of Day block is being used based on that same text file solution above.

You could also write your own Time of Day step by using simple logic such as:

If (T[now] >= start && T[now] <= end)

And then your start and end variables could be application parameters for which your admins can log into UCCX to modify.

Anyway, lots of options here, too many to go through.  Do you have more specific questions?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Community Member

What I normally use for these is a check for agents logged into the queue.

Use the "Logged-In Resources" statistic from "Get Reporting Statistic" step with the CSQ name for Row Identifier to check for agents logged in, and if it equals 0, treat the queue as closed. The problem with this is that if you have a situation where an agent does not log out, the queue will stay open. To try to get around that I usually have a hard schedule in there, with hours longer than the queue would ever be open, so the earliest possible openning time and the latest possible closing time.

The other option I would like to look at would be a custom web application hosted off box that the UCCX server checks. An interface could be written in any dynamic language that allows the supervisor to change an open/closed flag, then use the "Create URL Document" step to get it in the script.

--------------------------------- Please rate helpful posts Visit me a http://www.routeswitchblog.com
Community Member

There's always the simple

There's always the simple check beyond just checking agents logged in:   Check if at least one agent is in a state other than Not Ready. Talking, Reserved, Work, or Ready states will tell your app that there's someone there to take the call (even though they may be busy). Add a loop in the queue behavior to be sure the agent doesn't log out or go not ready to be safe.

I think supervisors still desire a definitive "kill-switch" to shut it all down. Whatever makes them happy.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

There are some good example

There are some good example for this (and this has been asked for many times here) on the script repository examples, download the examples and look for emergency closing, etc scripts which use XML file to store the value of the state that then routing script check for and makes decision based on.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content