Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

Dear Cisco Community,

I have uploaded the .jar file and  restarted the CCX Engine, Tomcat and Administration, but the file name  doesn't appears on the CCX Editor. I have already checked everything's  and not found any troubles on the logs, Java code was write using the  compatibily Java x UCCX version.

What may I check in order to have issue resolved as soon as possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

Hi again, thanks.

Now, can you please try to create a new variable, with the following type: avista_ura.Avista_Ura ?

Thanks.

32 REPLIES

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

You won't see any file names for custom classes in the Editor (there may be fragments of it in places..but it's hard to describe in this format).  Ultimately, you need to know how to Interface your Java Class; Instantiate a Reference of it's type (unless you use static methods..which I like to do a lot with custom common utilities I use)...

CustObject custObj = new CustObject(Constructor);

String sCustDataFromObject = custObj.getCustData(params);

Let me know if this was helpful in anyway..

If you don't know how to use your Java Class..ask whomever packaged the code and/or use a Java Decompiler (I use JD-GUI on the Macintosh) to see how to use the Class..

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

Ok, but how I will reference the Java class file on this way?

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

Hi,

can you tell me more, where in the CCX Editor do you expect that change ("file name")? Do you mean the class names?

G.

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

I cannot see the Java class under the CCX editor variables part. How may I fix?

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

That's not a problem (provided the JAR was loaded correctly). Just paste the name of the class into the "Type" field. Make sure you use the full name (e.g. com.rocketdyne.apollo.CustomClass). Again, if the JAR was loaded correctly, it should accept the new type.

G.

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

Ok, but on UCCX v8 whn I upload the file this appears normally on CCX Editot variables part. Now on UCCX 9 it needs to load it on thr code?

Do you have a example for that?

Hi,

can you give me an example, too?

For instance, the type "org.apache.log4j.Logger" is not visible, however, is accepted by UCCX and is usable (this is UCCX 7):

uccx_loggers_etc.png

G.

EDIT: uploaded the image (misterously disappeared).

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

Ok Gergely, thank you for your information.

How may I type the type, what's the file structure? My file name is Avista_Ura_Final.

Thank you

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

Jefferson, if it doesn't break security, please attached your JAR file.  I can't speak for Greg, but the file name isn't necessarily the Class you will be Instantiating (if you have to do that in this case). But to take a wild wild guess considering I don't know the name of your Class or how to call a Constructor for that Class..you might be able to type:

Type: Avista_Ura_Final Name: auf Value: new Avista_Ura_Final() (by default it would be null)

I have tried, but it cannot be reconigzed:

I am sure it's something like com.somecompany.someproject.SomethingNice.

Did you use the same reference "Avista_Ura_Final" with the previous UCCX version that worked?

G.

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

Yes,

There's any kind of logs that can I pull to identify what's going on?

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

Hi, try catalina.out.

G.

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

I found no reference for this file on catalina.out

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

No, you are not looking for that file. You are looking for an exception or a series of exceptions.

Also, check the MIVR* logs.

G.

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

This is somewhat of a perplexing thread in that we want to help you identify the Java Class you need to Identify in order to get to whatever it you are trying to get to with this code...but whoever gave you this package didn't seem to see the need to help you actually use the code that is stored inside.

Even if we tell you how to find the Class...then how do you expect to actually use that Class to actually get any work done? I mean..I tried to tell you what to do..Open the JAR in Eclipse..or some sort of Java Decompiler and you will find the Class(es) that are used in the package..

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

ok Drkchiloll, I know the classes, but the question is how to reference it on code once this is not available on CCX Editor variable part?

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

After restarting all the services you restarted..did you restart CCX Editor (to load the new stuff into it)?  Please do that..and instantiate the new Object in the format that Greg mentioned previously..

com.rocketdyne.apollo.CustomClass

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

Same problem

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

Under Custom File Configuration is the JAR package Selected Classpath...?

CustomClassConfig.png

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

Yes, and restarted all services.

On CCX Editor it cannot appears, I tried to insert it manually on CCX Editor, but it cannot be recognized by the system.

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

Let us know what you find in your MIVR logs..

I not found relevant logs.

Please take a look on entire logs, file name is Avista_Ura_Final.jar.

Alright. Can you please do the following: unzip tihs Avista_Ura_Fina.jar into a temporary directory. Enter this temporary directory using command line. Issue the tree command. Redirect its output to a text file. Post that text file to here.

G.

Sorry, I don't understood you. Could you please send me the step by step?

UCCX 9 Java Custom Class

Er... which part?

1. Create a new directory on your file system.

2. Copy that Avista_Ura_Final.jar into that new directory.

3. Unzip the file. Anything capable of extracting a ZIP file would do. Winzip, WinRAR, pkunzip, GNU unzip etc.

4. Open a command line or a terminal window.

5. Navigate to the new directory (use the cd command).

6. Issue the tree command, but redirect the output to a text file. For instance: tree >> jarstruct.txt

7. Post the output (jarstruct.txt) to here.

G.

Look:

Listagem de caminhos de pasta
O n£mero de s‚rie do volume ‚ 76FF-4D24
C:.
ÃÄÄÄavista_ura
³   ÀÄÄÄbus
ÀÄÄÄMETA-INF

OK, closer step by step. Now, for the tree command, let's use the /f and the /a switch.

Something like tree /f /a >> dirstruct.txt

G.

Listagem de caminhos de pasta

O n£mero de s‚rie do volume ‚ 76FF-4D24

C:.

|   dirstruct.txt

|   jarstruct.txt

|  

+---avista_ura

|   |   Avista_Ura.class

|   |   RetornoUra.class