Cisco Support Community
Community Member

UCCX Agents with one or two extension and other questions

I have a UCM cluster with release and UCCX server with release 8.5(1)SU2 (
The UCCX Agents have one extension, the Primary Extension and the IPCC Extension are the same.
I am not sure but I think I read a Cisco document which says is that it is recommended that UCCX Agents have two
different extension (one as Primary Extension and other different as IPCC Extension)
Now, I am thinking to configure the UCCX Agents with two extensions, one extension as Primary Extension
and other extension as IPCC Extension but I am not sure.
What do you think? Is it a good idea?. What are the advantages?
If I configure this, if the Agent UCCX do a outbound call (internal o external) with the Primary Extension,
does the Agent go to Not Ready state? or when he places this outbound call with the Primary Extension
can receive at the same time a call through IPCC extension (customer calls the Contact Center)?.

If I configure with Cisco Desktop Administrator a Pop Up which when the agent is placed to Not Ready state
shows to the Agent a message that says "you have been placed to Not Ready"
for agents know when they are in Not Ready state. How can I do this Pop Up isn´t showed
in the case that the Agent place a outbound call? (because when the agent place an outbound call he is placed to
Not Ready state)

Last question:
Do you know if the Silent Monitor with Non Business Calls (for example: agent place an outbound call
or somebody call directly the Agent extension) works fine?. Is it supported by Cisco?

UCCX Agents with one or two extension and other questions

Please refer the section "Multiple Lines Support" in the UCCX 8.5 SRND on page 46.

Which says:

Cisco Unified CCX provides multiple line support using the 6900/7900/8900/9900 series phones as agent devices. The Join Across Line (JAL) and Direct Transfer Across Line (DTAL) operations are supported on the 7900/8900/9900 series phones. Up to 4 lines are monitored by Cisco Unified CCX, these include 1 ACD line and 3 non-ACD lines but only the ACD line can be controlled from the agent desktop. The agent state depends only on the ACD line on the agent's device.

Cisco Unified CCX allows more than four lines to be configured on the agent device but monitors only the first four lines provided these lines are not shared. The ACD line should be among the first four lines. The Agent can perform JAL and DTAL operations for the ACD call only by using the monitored lines.

Calls on the non-ACD lines can be displayed on Cisco Agent Desktop. Supervisors can also monitor, record, intercept and barge-in on all calls or only ACD calls, depending on configuration.

•For agent devices with monitored non-ACD lines, make sure to include the non-ACD lines as the CTI controlled lines when performing sizing for Cisco Unified CM server(s).

•ACD calls should only be transferred to the ACD lines controlled by Cisco Unified CCX.

According to UCCX Admin guide,

The Primary Extension field represents the primary directory number for the end user. End users can have multiple lines on their phones.

Note: If multiple lines are configured for an agent, only the calls on  the agent’s primary extension are reported in Resource Cisco Unified  Contact Center Express Stats report.

I have not done this configuration in my testing so don't know the answers for few which you have listed.

Hope it helps.

Please rate helpful posts

CreatePlease to create content