Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX & Language Switch

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to make a script work with UCCX but having issues with language switch.

The menu offers to dial 9 for English menu and then * for the directory lookup. Everything works in default language (French) but when the caller presses 9 to use English the directory lookup portion doesn't work.

Could someone please have a look at the attached scripts and let me know if I am missing something?

Thanks,

MK

10 Replies 10

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like you're using "set language = L[en_CA]" after the caller presses option 9, and what you need to  use instead, is the Set Contact Info step, to actually change the language of the Triggering Contact.

So, it would look like this:

uccx-set-contact-info.png

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for taking the time and replying.

When I use "Set Language" the call goes back to Main menu and starts the welcome message in English and gets stuck when the caller dials * to go to Call Subflow under "Transfer CM Directory" but when I use "Set Contact Info" the call goes back to Main menu and starts over in French and continues looping no matter how many times the caller presses 9.

The attached file shows where the call gets stuck when the caller presses * Under English menu but the same works very well with French!

Thanks,

MK

Please note that I am using "Set Contact Info" Under "Transfer CM Directory. Please see the attached screen capture.

Thanks,

MK

Oh ok, I see now. You're using the lagnuage variable to change the TTS Prompt, so you'll need to keep setting the Language as well as using the new Set Contact Info step. In fact, you can set the variable first, then just use the variable to set the Contact language second.

E.g.,
Set language = L[en_CA]
Set Contact Info (--Triggering Contact--, Language = language)

Hi Anthony,

I made the suggested changes but it's still not working!

Anything else that could help?

Did you get the chance to test the scripts in  your envirnement?

Thanks,

MK

No, I haven't tested it.  I'm just trying to pick the low hanging fruit first.

I think you need to learn how to use languages a little bit better first, before you continue to troubleshoot this flow.

First up, multiple language support comes in two varieties:

1) The language folders you define in the Document and Prompt repositories.

2) The languages pre-loaded in the system for IVR type prompts, such as the built-in prompt "Are you still there?" on the Menu step.

French and English are both supported languages, so you shouldn't have any troubles with this.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/uccxcompat11_6_1.html#Supported_Languages

Next, you should understand how the language is set for the caller.  The Trigger has the starting language for the caller, and then once the call is in the script, you can change the language with the Set Contact Info Step.

Next, you should know how the system selects the Documents and Prompt, based on the language of the caller.  There is a search hierarchy that the system goes through.  So, as an example of en_CA, say you we're playing the prompt P[LQ_ADMINISTRATIF-M1.wav], the system will try to find the file LQ_ADMINISTRATIF-M1.wav in the en_CA folder first, and if it's not found it will then search in the en folder, and if also not found, once last attempt to find the file in the default folder will happen.  If nothing is found then the default behavior is to skip playing this prompt.

So, if you do not have your WAV files in all of your language folders, then you will not hear any prompt on the main menu for English.  Is that what's happening?

By the way, it doesn't look like you need the pThis = Create Container Prompt step, as it looks like all you are doing is trying to set the language, but like I said, the language is set on the Trigger and/or within the Set Contact Info step.  You'd only need to use this method if you wanted to override the language for one specific prompt.

If your problem is in the subflow itself, do note that the language variable doesn't need to be passed around, because the caller has the same language set in both the main script and the subflow script.  If you need to have a conditional statement based on the current language of the caller, you can simply retrieve the current value from the Get Contact Info Step.

So, therefore, in your subflow, unless you call it directly as well as use it as a subflow, you wouldn't need to Accept and Set Contact Info in this script, since those actions are handled by the main script.

In fact, it looks like you're trying to play the TTS prompts for Fr/En to enter the name twice: once in the main script before the subflow, and once in the subflow right at the top.  Did you intend to ask it twice?

And if your problem is with TTS, I have no idea what's going on with the TTS stuff you have here, so I wont be able to help you there.  I'll assume this is correct, since you claim it's working for French.

TTS["""\u001b\\voice=Carol\\ """\u001b\\rate=92\\ """\u001b\\vol=92\\ """\u001b\\wait=3\\ Please enter the lastname, followed by forename.]

Hi Anthony,

I confirm that both English and French version of P[LQ_ADMINISTRATIF-M1.wav], are uploaded in the en_CA and fr_CA folders.

As I mentioned, the script stops working when it reaches the Call Subflow in English. So, there's no WAV file issues and all prompts are working fine.

Please see tha attached screenshots, taking from Reactive Script in action.

Capture5 shows the call arrives in the default language (French) and the  P[LQ_ADMINISTRATIF-M1.wav], is being played in French.

Caputer6 shows the French caller has pressed * to go to Transfer CM Directory,  the right PThis with French TTS has been chosen and the Call Subflow has been called. All works perfectely fine.

Capture7 shows the caller has chosen English by pressing 9 and the P[LQ_ADMINISTRATIF-M1.wav], is being played in English.

Capture8 shows the English caller pressed * to go to Transfer CM Directory , the right PThis with English TTS has been chosen and the Call Subflow has been called. All good up to here but the script stops right here!

We can confirm the TTS is working because the French version is working.

We can also confirm the Subflow is working as the French version is working.

The screen captures from Reactive Script show the language switch and all WAV files are working as expected.

Please let me know if you see anything that I am missing.

Thanks,

MK

Thanks,

Mk

Anybody with any idea where the problem is with the above script?

Thanks,

MK

I really need help with this script. Could someone please have a look and let me know what I am missing?

Thanks,

MK

Would Cisco help if I open a TAC case for this issue?

I just don't know how to resovle this issue. Everything looks good but it does not work!!!! 

Thanks,

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: