Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX and 7925G IPPA w/recording

Hi!

I'm trying to track down some information regarding the use of the 7925G wireless phones supporting IPPA and call recording features. I believe I will need to SPAN the ports to the WLC but would like to find some reference material first.

Anything available to your knowledge of using the wireless phones and IPPA w/recording capabilites?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: UCCX and 7925G IPPA w/recording

Hi,

You should be able to get this to work as long as the point at which you are spanning the frames is L2 adjacent to the UCCX server. When you hit the recording button, it just sets up a WinPCAP session the UCCX server and applies a filter for UDP traffic that has either a source or destination L2 address that matches the MAC address of the agent phone. If you cross a layer 3 boundary, or if the packets are encrypted, this will not work.

There isn't any published information (at least none that I am aware of) that goes over this specific scenario, but spanning the frames coming from the WLC should work in theory.

Let me know how it goes, I'd be interested to know myself.

Views
Helpful
Replies