cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX and BMC remedy

hamed1900
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to integrate these two? Has anyone ever doen that.

Customer asked me the following:

1- User Call cisco and prompt for userid

2- Userid matches against the remedy

3- Site number is entered by user and then would be matched again against the remedy.

4- remedy send a Text file and then I want that text file will be read to the users by TTS.

Thanks,

Hamed

4 Replies 4

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

Assuming you have UCCX Premium licensing you shouldn't have an issue using the Remedy API and custom Java to accomplish your goals.

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need UCCX Premium Licensing to accomplish what you want.

The integration into Remedy will most likely be database access.  Do you know what type of database Remedy uses?  Is it MS SQL Server?

The Text To Speech would require a separate server (Nuance) to integrate into UCCX via MRCP and then yes, you can read the text file to the caller.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

For integration between Remedy and Cisco, do you guys know if someone has already done that?

Do you have an example which can point me to.

The license will be premium.

Thanks,

Hamed

I have not, though I have done integrations into ticketing systems before.  It was your run of the mill DB access script.  As long as the ticketing system has a DB which UCCX supports, you can get help from TAC or the here on the Support Cummunity.

The trickier part is going to be the TTS integration via Nuance.  Very few people have done this on UCCX.  The likely reason is the demographic of who buys UCCX and what they're budget is.  I.e., UCCX is for the smaller business, who likely doesn't see a benefit in the cost associated with TTS/ASR, when recording prompts, or spelling things out, combined with the age old DTMF input works just fine.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.