Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

UCCX and Translattion Patterns

Hello,

I am looking for some help.

We run CUCM and UCCX versions 8.5.1.

We currently have a Contact Centre which has Cisco agents in 5 different offices.  For each of these offices we have a different extension number to call.  We would like to change this to one central number and for the system to detect which office a person is calling from and then route the call to an agent in their office.  We have been told by our vendor that this is possible using translation patterns.

Is anyone able to advise how this can be done?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

UCCX and Translattion Patterns

Well, if you want to detect who called the number the easiest way which I am assuming you are doing now is to do it based on the dialed number which means it needs to be unique for each site.  If you translate the number to a common CTI Route Point DN then on CCX side you will not be able to easily detect which number was called and your option to perform the detection would be to either ask the caller or perhaps look at the calling number, but that would require unique range per site.  You can try using the "original called number" in CCX script, but I doubt it preserves the number dialed before the CTi RP is hit.

Chris

Re: UCCX and Translattion Patterns

To expand on Chris' reply...

To detect the office the caller is calling from you would use the Get Call Contact Info step to grab the calling number, and then inspect the calling number to determine where it came from.  This only works if you have a numbering plan that supports it.  I.e., Site A is 1XXX and Site B is 2XXX.  However, if your numbering plan overlaps or is randomly assigned, then you would need to create site specific translations that translate to separate Triggers.

E.g.,

1. Common number is 8000, Site specific numbers are 9001 - 9005; 8000 is reachable by phones, 9001 - 9005 is only reachable via a special UCCX CSS
  2. Site A user dials 8000, hits a Site A translation for 8000 which translates to 9001, uses special UCCX CSS
  3. Site B user dials 8000, hits a Site B translation for 8000 which translates to 9002, uses special UCCX CSS
  4. CUCM / UCCX have a single CTI Route Point / Trigger of 900[0-5]
  5. Trigger 900[0-5] is on your Application
  6. Your Application has a Script
  7. Your Script grabs the Trigger number hit via the Get Call Contact Info step and looks at the Dialed Number
  8. Your Script uses a Switch step to conditionally handle calls based on Dialed Number

EDIT: I felt like drawing a small diagram to illustrate the second point.

uccx-site-based-logic.png

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content