cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Application Tasks not terminating

tobymartinez
Level 1
Level 1

I obviously have a problem with one of my UCCX applications/scripts where it is not clearing out and is taking up resources.  See the attached screenshot of the "Application Tasks" real time report.  Some show they have been running for over 50 hours.  Does anyone know if there is a way to clear these out without having to restart servers and/or services?                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm 95% sure you'll have to restart the Engine.  I'm 5% sure these will clear out on their own, as most scripts will eventually end.  Of course, if you are receiving calls at a rate faster than these are clearing, you may end up with a java heap core dump soon.  I would just reboot to be safe.

On the other side of this coin, are you at all interested in finding out why these are hanging?  I would be curious to know.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm 95% sure you'll have to restart the Engine.  I'm 5% sure these will clear out on their own, as most scripts will eventually end.  Of course, if you are receiving calls at a rate faster than these are clearing, you may end up with a java heap core dump soon.  I would just reboot to be safe.

On the other side of this coin, are you at all interested in finding out why these are hanging?  I would be curious to know.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Yes, I am very interested in finding out why this is happening.  There must be some sort of loop in the script, or it's not terminating somewhere it should.  I'm going to go through it to see if I can see anything obvious.

You were correct in that I had to restart the engine last night to clear out the sessions.  I'm also pretty confident that I found and corrected the problem.  In our script, there was a section that looked to see if our call center was open.  If not, it sent the caller to a recording stating we were closed, but it didn't go anywhere after that, so I think it just kept the session open for an indefinite amount of time.  I added a "goto end" statement after the recording, and this morning, I don't see any stuck sessions.  Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: