Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Green

UCCX Backup failing

My network backup began failing a few days ago. Here is the error I receive when trying to do it manually from the appadmin interface.

ArchivingFailureEvent id=3860, archiveId=CRS_1257432805091_, errorCode=ARCHIVE_CREATION_ERROR, statusMessage=tar failed with error code: 2, cmd: Tar.exe -c --atime-preserve -f "\\server\ccbackup\Backup11-05-09#09-55.tar" \\STI\\Backup, refer to the MCVD logfiles for more details

com.cisco.archive.impl.ArchiveFailureException: ArchivingFailureEvent id=3860, archiveId=CRS_1257432805091_, errorCode=ARCHIVE_CREATION_ERROR, statusMessage=tar failed with error code: 2, cmd: Tar.exe -c --atime-preserve -f "\\server\ccbackup\Backup11-05-09#09-55.tar" \\STI\\Backup

at com.cisco.archive.impl.BackupArchiveImpl.waitForArchiveResult(BackupArchiveImpl.java:494)

at com.cisco.archive.impl.BackupArchiveImpl.processArchive(BackupArchiveImpl.java:412)

at com.cisco.archive.impl.ArchiveImpl$3.run(ArchiveImpl.java:463)

at com.cisco.executor.impl.ExecutorStubImpl$RequestImpl.runCommand(ExecutorStubImpl.java:690)

at com.cisco.executor.impl.ExecutorStubImpl$RequestImpl.run(ExecutorStubImpl.java:486)

at com.cisco.executor.impl.ExecutorStubImpl$RequestImpl.run(ExecutorStubImpl.java:762)

at com.cisco.executor.impl.ThreadStubImpl$RequestImpl.run(ThreadStubImpl.java:563)

at com.cisco.util.ThreadPoolFactory$ThreadImpl.run(ThreadPoolFactory.java:853)

2 REPLIES
Green

Re: UCCX Backup failing

Thought I may be hitting bug CSCsy04635, but I restarted the node manager and receive same error.

Re: UCCX Backup failing

Hi,

I had the same issue. It was a permission problem. I had my backups going initially to a local share on the UCCX primary server. I didn't give the administrator user the permissions to write to that share. After I changed the permissions I had to reboot both the primary and secondary servers. Then I was able to successfully backup the cluster.

Thanks,

Ken.

Views
Helpful
Replies