cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Bible?

steakandeggs
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a UCCX Bible or something out there? The scripting documentation is one thing; it speaks to bare function without context. It gives no examples, nor says how steps play with each other. Neither is the UCCX repository a substitue for explanation of the programming environment. There is no place where the architecture of the programming environment is laid bare. For example, there is no documentation of variable scope: Yeah, variables can use ECC, or sessions, or be passed through modules or trigger contexts. But why is that stuff not written down somewhere other than this ad-hoc forum? Or is it and has Cisco just hidden it for fun? I've always felt like there was UCCX party going on somewhere and I haven't been invited.

Is anyone interested in compiling this into a nice central place, together?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have been doing this since 2004 and have never found anything like this. There is nothing in Cisco Press either. It is all trial and error.

Hey, it could be worse, we could be the CVP people and have even less documentation.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

vairamo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is the script guide on three volume along with HRC admin and dev guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html

All other general guide (UCCX home page for everything)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

thank you

Mohan

I've read all that before, that documentation is exactly what I'm not looking for.

I have been doing this since 2004 and have never found anything like this. There is nothing in Cisco Press either. It is all trial and error.

Hey, it could be worse, we could be the CVP people and have even less documentation.

mmmm.. sounds like an opportunity.

My opinion is that the two Cisco Learning classes UCCXD and UCCXA are the only way to learn the product currently. We send any of our engineers who go anywhere near CCX to both.

I have thought about writing a book on the topic for Cisco Press. Would you care to put what you would like to see into a paragraph or two?  The product is under very rapid development/change so I have stayed away from it in fear of a) replicating existing product documentation; and, b) writing material that is too quickly outdated.

I have been working with UCCX for a little over a year now and am just now starting to feel comfortable with the basics.  I have also been looking for either UCCX classes and relevant books - which are basically non-existant.  Some of the topics I would definately be interested in seeing in any UCCX media would be:

1.)  Discuss relationship between UCM and UCCX - Call flow, JTAPI, etc.  I know the SRND shows this callflow but a more in depth explanation would be useful.

2.)  Disaster Recovery scenarios - forward on busy/no answer, etc.

3.)  Troubleshooting UCCX - explanation of trace\debug settings.

4.)  Optimizing Script Functionality using XML, Global Session Mappings, etc.  The scripting guide touches on all of this and the forums are a great resource but for newcomers searching for answers to script issues is often a daunting task as you're not really sure what in fact you are looking for (i.e. the opt out at any time, etc)

5.)  Overview of control panel subsystems - roles

That is just off the top of my head.  I'm sure I can think of others.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: