Helpful
Replies

UCCX CAD CSD Plugin Compatibility

Onabowale
Level 1
Level 1

Got a Silly question here.

Senario :

UCCX Cluster A running version 8+ (So lets say 9.X.X)

UCCX Cluster B running version 8+ (Same version as A above 9.X.X)

Both Clusters versions are identical and are runnning the exactly the same version of CAD/CSD.

Is it possible to Download Cisco Unified CCX Agent Desktop or Supervisor Plugin from UCCX Cluster A , then use on UCCX Cluster B and vice versa?

Reason for asking:

We have a Software packaging team who are responsible for rolling out softwares.This takes them about 1 week to build the package.

Not wanting to have to build UCCX and then waiting a week to have CAD/CSD installed, I have a UCCX in a lab environment and was thinking if its possible give them CAD/CSD software to install on the desktops. Am not looking to test connectivity, just want to know if the CAD/CSD would work with another cluster on the same version?

Kind Regards

J

3 Replies 3

phamvinhdat
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, I have used to support multiple clients with same version. You will have to edit the registry to point to the right server when logging to a different server.

DP

Hi DP.

Thanks for your response.

The question was more for download and install elsewhere. That would be a work around. For the purpose of the question above, I guess its fair to say the answer would be a NO as having to change  registry is not really a recommended approach.

Thanks

tom.sullivan
Level 4
Level 4

I suggest you review the CAD Installation Guide section titled "Running the Preconfiguration Tool" as it suggests a method to address your requirement.

Regards,

Tom