Helpful
Replies

UCCX CAD CSD Plugin Compatibility

Onabowale
Level 1
Level 1

Got a Silly question here.

Senario :

UCCX Cluster A running version 8+ (So lets say 9.X.X)

UCCX Cluster B running version 8+ (Same version as A above 9.X.X)

Both Clusters versions are identical and are runnning the exactly the same version of CAD/CSD.

Is it possible to Download Cisco Unified CCX Agent Desktop or Supervisor Plugin from UCCX Cluster A , then use on UCCX Cluster B and vice versa?

Reason for asking:

We have a Software packaging team who are responsible for rolling out softwares.This takes them about 1 week to build the package.

Not wanting to have to build UCCX and then waiting a week to have CAD/CSD installed, I have a UCCX in a lab environment and was thinking if its possible give them CAD/CSD software to install on the desktops. Am not looking to test connectivity, just want to know if the CAD/CSD would work with another cluster on the same version?

Kind Regards

J

3 Replies 3

phamvinhdat
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, I have used to support multiple clients with same version. You will have to edit the registry to point to the right server when logging to a different server.

DP

Hi DP.

Thanks for your response.

The question was more for download and install elsewhere. That would be a work around. For the purpose of the question above, I guess its fair to say the answer would be a NO as having to change  registry is not really a recommended approach.

Thanks

tom.sullivan
Level 4
Level 4

I suggest you review the CAD Installation Guide section titled "Running the Preconfiguration Tool" as it suggests a method to address your requirement.

Regards,

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: