cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX CAD Presence Integration

mwheinz
Level 1
Level 1

Me, UCCX 8.5(1)SU2, CUPS 8.5(4), you, an expert willing to tell me why I cannot add SME contacts to lists I create.  I can add the presence server in CDA, add lists, but error out on contacts.  CUCM 8.6, CUC 8.6, all AD synched.  Single inbox, everything works fine.  CUPC clients all work great.

Cisco TAC has gotten in twice, got traces, but no love yet.

Anyone, what is the trick to making this work?  Anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Reply 1

Karthik Sivaram
Level 4
Level 4

hi Mike,

Can you  check the integration with the following steps?

1) Open the CUP server Admin webpage.  Select "Application" - "Cisco Personal Unified

Communicator" - "User Settings" from the toolbar

2) Click on the User that you noted in AXL Login userid .

3) You should see a value in the "LDAP Profile".  If you see , STOP. This is

the problem.  A profile needs to be assigned in order for this user to search for SME's in

LDAP.  If there IS a value, make a note of it and continue to the next step.  There may

still be problems with the LDAP profile itself.

4) In CUP Admin Select "Application" - "Cisco Personal Unified Communicator" - "LDAP

Profile" from the toolbar.  Click on Find and select the profile you noted in Step 3.  The

profile appears.

-Make sure Anonymous Bind is Unchecked

- Make note of the value in "Primary LDAP Server"  Check if this is the correct value by

selecting "Application" - "Cisco Personal Unified Communicator" - "LDAP Server" from the

toolbar.  Then click on Find and select the value you noted. Verify this is the correct

LDAP host where the customer expects to find SME's.

- Navigate back to the "LDAP Profile" page.

- Make note of the "Bind Distinguished Name(DN)" value and "Search Context" value

- Try and get the password.  If no one knows the password, you can get it from the

"WebAdmin.dbg" file on the CRS server.  Search in the file for the string "epas:property

name=Directory.Password".

5) If all the above steps look correct and you're still not getting SME's returned in your

search, you can try logging into the CRS Appadmin web page and go to System - Control

Center and restart the "Cisco Unified CCX Administration" service.  This will restart the

CRS Tomcat service  and has been known to solve issues before.

To summarize:

The searching for SME contacts is a two step process.  First the AXL login ID is used to

gain access to CUP server.  The login is associated with an LDAP profile.  When searching,

the LDAP profile credentials are used to login and search LDAP and return the values.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Karthik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: