Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX call back - 10 digits number followed by an extension number

Piyush Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I've built the UCCX call back script which works fine for 10 digits direct lines. In case, if caller doesnt have a direct line, and he wants to leave a 10 digits pilot number followed by 5 digits internal extension number. How to achieve this in UCCX?

For example - 614-XXX-XXXX (extension XXXXX)

Has anyone done something similar in the past? Would really appreciate your quick response.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Again, the Call Consult Transfer step is what you need to call them back.

As for collecting the digits, that's up to you, but I would probably lean towards an intial prompt of: "If your call back number includes an extension to dial, press 2, otherwise enter you call back number now" and then with an option 2 I would prompt once for the main number and then again for the extension.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi, you can use the "send Digit String" step in the successful branch of your "place call" step.

Please rate helpful answers.

Gabriel.

Thanks Gabriel for your response. I wanna try suggestion from Anthony as well, and waiting for his response on the few points, and then will let you know how things turn out?

Appreciate.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are we to assume you are connecting the Agent with the caller via the Call Redirect or Call Consult Transfer step?

If so, the Call Consult Transfer step allows for outpulsing of DTMF digits prior to connecting the call.  However, it does not work for system which require the DTMF digits prior to media establishment as often found with CUCM's FAC and CMC feature or several Toll Free Number based IVR in the cloud solutions.

Hi Anthony,

I am using "Call Redirect" step in my UCCX call back script to connect to the customer. To deal with the situation of customers providing the company number followed by internal extension number (instead of direct 10 digit DID), I would like to know the following-

1) Currently I capture only 10 digits from the customer. Do I need to capture extension number separately in another variable?

2) How those extension number digits (4-6) will be processed by the system? I mean which step to use along with Call Redirect?

Will be happy to share more information if you need so.

Thanks for your response, appreciate !

Again, the Call Consult Transfer step is what you need to call them back.

As for collecting the digits, that's up to you, but I would probably lean towards an intial prompt of: "If your call back number includes an extension to dial, press 2, otherwise enter you call back number now" and then with an option 2 I would prompt once for the main number and then again for the extension.

Thanks Anthony. That means, 

- Use 10 digit number in "Destination" field of Call Consult transfer step

- Provide extension number in the "Outpulse Digits" field

- What does "Timeout" mean in this step? 

How the pause things work in this step. I mean, once 10 digit number is dialed and connected, then is there any pause in between before extension number is dialed by the system automatically? What typically happens is, company will have the welcome greeting, then they offer you an option of dialing party's extension number? If there is not enough pause in the "Call Consult transfer" step, how will it be taken care of ?

Thank you very much !

The timeout is how long the step will let the call "ring" before an answer is detected.

The pause I'm not too sure on.  I think it's immediate.  You should try inserting commas to insert pauses.  That's how it works on the Call Redirect step, so it may, or may not work here.  The documentation doesn't say, so I'm just guessing.  You should test it for us both.

I'm gonna mark your suggestion as "Correct Answer" becuase this should work out. I will do the testing in couple of weeks and see how things go.

Thank you so much for being helpful all the time, outstanding assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: